Blue Hawaii Special Edition

pabbi1

I too agree that the comparison to Single Power is out of line.

We all know where Justin is. Justin answers his emails. Justin has never sent out a product that was sub par (supposed $8000.00 powersupply with two floor warts inside). Justin has never skipped out on anyone that I've ever been made aware of.

I think that Justin is doing his best to fulfill his orders as timely as he can, and though I can certainly understand the frustration in waiting so long, you could have chosen your words better.

The BHSE certainly exists because Justin has a passion for electrostatics, not to make money. One can also safely state that the BH circuit is one of, if not the most complicated headphone amp out there and the BHSE just builds on that with even more complexity. This all takes time and then there is this thing called a Pico which I'm sure takes up a fair chunk of Justin's time...

I've been waiting roughly a year now and I'm fine with it. I do miss having a BH around a lot but the 717 has done a good job and the mini ES-1 is looking promising. I say, hang in there Michael and take up DIY to pass the time. ;)

Elephas, people have already received their amps so don't worry. iirc, Justin told me that he can make about two BHSE's per week. Not sure if that means the internals of the amp or both the internals and case work, but still yours is bound to be finished soon.

Whenever I see this thread bumped, I always hope for pics of the silver version from an owner on here.:palm:

Elephas,

If you decide to not hang in there anymore for whatever reason, please consider selling.

I'd take it. :)

Reading the waiting time is mixed feelings for me. It is good because it provides plenty of time to get the rest of the funds. It is bad (but worth it) because it means I'd be stuck with whatever amp I have right now for a long time before that arrives.

EDIT: I am not on the waiting list, btw.

Regardless, I am a patient guy and would wait for it.

I'm sure Michael is rearranging all his "Umbrella" remixes in anticipation... :D

But can you fix it before you get your BH?! :P

Not a chance, way too much work involved. Looks like I'll have to completely gut both cases to have them painted properly plus do all the chassis work and the silk screening. This will probably take weeks with the circuits sitting in a box. Depending on how hot the thing runs it may get a trip to the nearest laser cutter to have some nice vents installed. Then I have to make and prep the wooden side panels... ;D

lol, how ironic.:rolleyes:

No, not really.

• 1 month later...

So how many butt wiggles have you counted with Rihanna so far? :P

Also: What support discs are you using under the cones there? What power cords & interconnects are you using? Did yours come with those snazzy RCA & XLR jack covers? What tubes do you have on there? (As those don't look like the stock ones.)