Blue Hawaii Special Edition

pabbi1

That psu is just one of many BH variants that I've drawn up over the years.  500V input caps and 450V output caps. 

You can get it through with some care (that's what she said.... ;D) but a drill does help.  Just make sure to deburr... 

even the 1486?

Now you know why we keep increasing the clearance of the ground plane around the traces.  :)  The KGSSHV power supply was he biggest headache as there we have roughly 700V of raw DC floating around. 

My longest bit of troubleshooting was last summer, two months to find a phantom noise in one of my BHSE's.  Came and went but was finally tracked down to the TV antenna causing a ground loop.   :mikey2: 

• Like 1

You wouldn't say that if you just had the day I had trying to track down the short(s) in a board.

i've had one that i could never find even after knowing exactly which trace was shorted, and looking at it under a microscope. it had to be internal. kevin's idea of blasting it with high current did the trick

i also had a board where I had paid for the flying probe testing, and a short was found - i could see where they used a blade to remove the short. However what they didn't do is test it a 2nd time, because there was actually a 2nd short on the same trace. I didn't consider that possibility so that one took me a while to figure out  :mikey2:

Edited by justin

• 9 months later...

I was moving my setup around and unplugged all the cables without paying attention to how they were plugged in.  Is there a certain direction that the umbilical cord needs to be plugged in?  or can someone send me a copy of the instruction manual? Don't know where my manual is right now.