pabbi1

Blue Hawaii Special Edition

1,468 posts in this topic

Yes it does.  Check the fuses. 

Hi,

My BHSE is in the hands of an engineer, an expert, of my total confidence. All fuses are OK, all tubes are OK, but the voltage of V + (B +) is half as it should be, there is a defect in the unit. We urgently need the BHSE scheme, but especially the PSU scheme. Justin, please....

Wow, you waited 27 whole minutes before complaining you hadn't heard back from Justin.  Have you emailed him or called him at his business number to ask him about your problem?  I'm not sure he hands out the schematic for his proprietary amp -- maybe he does or others have it -- but calm the fuck down and approach this like you would with any electronic product you have purchased.

1 person likes this

Heeeeeeey, I did not complain. Justin is already aware of my problem and he even told me to look for an expert. I found him. Preliminary evaluations were performed and a problem was detected. But without the BHSE scheme it becomes very difficult to get a solution.

And yes.... I'm in total panic. BHSE is not a blender.

The expert looking at the BHSE should be able to find the problem. Did he/she check unloaded vs loaded voltages, pre-reg and post-reg voltages, etc? If not, he/she is not an expert.

From 2 seconds of googling images it looks like the BHSE power supply is the original version power supply with BJT current source, or similar.

1 person likes this

Scheme: 

make plans, especially in a devious way or with intent to do something illegal or wrong.
"he schemed to bring about the collapse of the government"
synonyms: plot, hatch a plot, conspire, intrigue, connive, maneuver, plan
"he schemed to bring about the collapse of the government"

Schematic: 

(in technical contexts) a schematic diagram, in particular of an electric or electronic circuit.

Posted (edited)

OK Miss Grammar :rofl:

Edited by Pars
1 person likes this

What a rude people, my god!  :(

I'm just here asking for help. Is grammar really relevant?

Did you read the welcome PM you got when you joined here? If not, I would. This isn't your normal "headphone" site. Not sure why you didn't just go to head-fi and post this.

Now  :tmonk:

Grammar strict police?

1 person likes this

Ah! OK. Now I understand the nature of this forum. Sorry for anything. I just came here because I know Justin participates.

Goodbye and happiness, very special people.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, mypasswordis said:

The expert looking at the BHSE should be able to find the problem. Did he/she check unloaded vs loaded voltages, pre-reg and post-reg voltages, etc? If not, he/she is not an expert.

Was thinking the same thing.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Ekstatikon said:

Ah! OK. Now I understand the nature of this forum. Sorry for anything. I just came here because I know Justin participates.

Goodbye and happiness, very special people.

Bye then

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Ekstatikon said:

Heeeeeeey, I did not complain. Justin is already aware of my problem and he even told me to look for an expert. I found him. Preliminary evaluations were performed and a problem was detected. But without the BHSE scheme it becomes very difficult to get a solution.

And yes.... I'm in total panic. BHSE is not a blender.

If Justin is already aware of your problem, how did he become aware of it...?

Use the same method to contact him for a schematic....   zimple..!

The first BHSE's did use A1968's in the PSU but I hope Justin stopped that a while ago.  ;)  Any PSU issue with this design, check the pass fets but any "engineer" should have figured that out on his own.  Seriously, troubleshooting PSU is the really easy bit. 

sounds like a shorted zener

also easy to fix

12 hours ago, kevin gilmore said:

sounds like a shorted zener

also easy to fix

this is probably correct. it's most likely the zener or the FET on the heatsink by the zener. Thats really about all the problem could be, from what I have seen, unless any burned resistors are spotted.