Total years of marriage at Headcase

Wmcmanus

I've always admired happily married couples, and enjoy reading their stories. Although I've never been married myself, I'd be interested in knowing how long many of you have been married. For better or for worse, I'd like to see how far we can get with a running total of years of marriage (past or present marriages).

I'll start.

The next person can say 0 + 11 = 11. Then 11 + 3 = 14, and so on. Any stories you wish to share about how well (or not so well) your marriage decisions have worked out are welcome as well.

Just thought it would be fun to celebrate the joys of matrimony en masse.

55+5=60

Met at a random Christmas party in Barbados (she was on holiday and I was home for the holidays). I was offered up by my mom to "take her out" like countless tourists before (acting as chauffeur not as date). Took her out to a bar that usually had stuff going on, turned out to have nothing going on, ended up arguing the whole night about religion, politics etc. Basically knew I was in trouble right there and then. Think I bought the engagement ring less than 3 months later. Were engaged less than 6months after meeting.

Edited by Dreadhead

Somewhere between...

259 + 0 = 259

and

259 + 12 = 271

... depending if credit is awarded for living with, parenting, and/or dating the same gal. Older I get the less I understand marriage, but hope I'm lucky enough to spend the rest of my life with said gal, and best wishes to all, however they couple.