Total years of marriage at Headcase

Wmcmanus

578+21=??? (any mathies in the house?) My calculator battery just died.

OK I think its about 599 total, with 21 years of wedded bliss for me, and five for Mary..

Who knew that this mail order Russian bride thing would actually work out. Wow!

Edited by Augsburger
  • Like 1

626+8 = 634

Joann and I met at UCLA while taking a Jazz Appreciation class during the summer session. She was a biochemistry major (south campus) and I was an english major (north campus), but for this elective we probably never would have crossed paths. We've been living together now for nearly 13 years and married a little more than eight years. I still feel fortunate that she agreed to marry me and consider her my best friend.

Edited by 909

634+23 = 657

My wife the cradle-robber grabbed me in college when I was a sophomore and she was a senior (1989). It took us 21 years to do it (2010), but now we have a daughter who's almost two.

Seriously, we were together longer than I'd been alive before we had a child. I don't even know what that means, but I have to say Dinny's as right about kids as he is about DACs...my little daughter is the best thing that's ever happened to me ever ever.

657 + 20 = 677

Invited to a party by friends. I was on the rebound from a former relationship (was thinking of actually inviting the ex). Tania was the host's sister - she'd recently split with a boyfriend (she wasn't going to turn up - got talked in to it at the last minute). My future sister-in-law told her I owned a Trans-am and was loaded (I had neither). 21 years and 2 kids later, we're celebrating 20 years in November. She remains the best thing that has ever happened to me.

^Very strange first post, but welcome to HC. Read and abide by your welcome PM and all will be well.

677 + 21 = 698

Met at work between college/law school, and went on our first date after about a year. We went night clubbing and as I was dropping her off at about 4am I asked if she wanted to go to a family party my brother was throwing that same day. Oddly, she said yes and met my entire family -- including at least one sister and one sister-in-law who were pregnant at the time -- just hours later. We've been together for the 26 years and two months since that date.

• Like 1

742 + 0 (but there was 9 in sin) = 742

742+0 = 742

Disclaimer: ladies at work insist on setting em up on blind dates with relatives because "you need to find yourself a nice girl already, Alex." etc etc etc I'm actually considering the option. I just haven't been in love with anyone for the past three years or so. Sure, I've liked the ones I've dated, but nothing enough to say "this! this is the one!"