Recabled HD600

Contrastique

Just received the HD600! Now all I have to do is forget this Ultrasone sound ;)

Is anyone considering parting with their balanced 3 pin Cardas or Equinox cable? If not, I'm gonna look over at the other place or just order it fresh. Looking forward coming home from work and hooking this up to the M3! Now listening out of the Larocco just because I wanted to hear it but doesn't do them justice as I knew it wouldn't.

This:

"btw, I was a real skeptic until I changed to a Cardas from stock."

Had a friend give me a Cardas cable ... not sure I'd ever buy one on my own, but it made a huge difference on both my 580's and 600's - much, much more than the 650 cable, even. I'm still a skeptic on other headphones, but for Senns - it seems to make a difference.

I'm pretty much a cable-sceptic (also because I never ab-ed cables) but seeing that so many comment in favour of an aftermarket cable for the Sennheiser I took the plunge and ordered a balanced Cardas cable. Th advantage of selling an ED9 and "downscaling" to an HD600 is there's a little money left wink.png That and seeing that the resale-value of the cable is pretty decent the loss would be kept to a minimum if I ever decide to sell it. Looking forward to the cable and here's to hoping it will make a significant difference so the urge of upgrading to something else resides a little huh.png

Edited by Contrastique

• 2 weeks later...

Received my balanced Cardas cable today. I wasn't much of a believer but it does sound totally different. I'll ab them against my brothers SE HD600s hopefully soon as memory is a finicky thing but they are definitely much more enjoyable now, not as boring as before with for example rock music like Korn or Pleymo.

Thank you all for your help!

Very kind Mr. Nate rolleyes.gif

Only, I don't really have much to contribute I guess. I know shit about things, not like you all. And I'm pretty busy but I do miss it. Now that the bunny has been raised (read: we learned to properly stuff away the cables) I felt confident again getting out my headphones and listening to them. Along with that came the urge to change some things laugh.png Who knows what might follow. The other place is great for buying / selling, this is a great place to get decent advice!

The other place is great for buying / selling, this is a great place to get decent advice!

You obviously haven't been to the other place in the Sound Science section and told them you can hear the difference in headphone cables.

(Sarcasm meter is totally off scale with bent needle).

Very kind Mr. Nate rolleyes.gif

Only, I don't really have much to contribute I guess. I know shit about things, not like you all. And I'm pretty busy but I do miss it. Now that the bunny has been raised (read: we learned to properly stuff away the cables) I felt confident again getting out my headphones and listening to them. Along with that came the urge to change some things laugh.png Who knows what might follow. The other place is great for buying / selling, this is a great place to get decent advice!

Except this is the most we've talked about headphones in a long time -- we mostly talk about drinking, relationships, photography, and biking these days.

EDIT: And DACses.

• Like 1

Except this is the most we've talked about headphones in a long time -- we mostly talk about drinking, relationships, photography, and biking these days.

But we don't feel the need to change the name of the site, as it still applies to most of us.

• Like 2

.You obviously haven't been to the other place in the Sound Science section and told them you can hear the difference in headphone cables.

(Sarcasm meter is totally off scale with bent needle).

Darn, I thought you were joking but it's really there...

I might go and stir the pot...oh well, no bother...last time was with Germania and nothing can beat that rolleyes.gif

EDIT: And DACses.

Sounds like everything I'm doing atm, thanx laugh.png

Get the Equinox......

I already thought this was shit-expensive (first time I felt reserved telling my boyfriend the cost of these haha). I will probably sell this combo in the future anyway in my quest for the perfect hp. Just wanted to see how I much could make them change to make them stay with me for a while longer and to hear for myself what a better cable would do. Mission succeeded.

• 4 weeks later...