Hurricane Sandy: "Perfect Storm II?"

roadtonowhere08

Two of my flights already cancelled for this week. Hoping the Friday flight is not cancelled as it is the only one I actually wanted to take. Not much going on here but I am really hoping the pond in my backyard does not overflow into my walk out basement. Tried to go to Home Depot yesterday and it was a nightmare with nothing worthwhile left in the store so I went to Dick's and bought ammo.

Storm Supplies:

1,000 rounds of .45

1,000 rounds of .223

200 rounds of .357 Magnum

8 Hot Dogs (All that was freaking left)

8 D Batteries (All that was left)

I am ready for the Zombies if they come.

You're gonna have to eat the zombies when the hot dogs are all gone...

I just had a visit from a giant electrical truck. If I'm not mistaken, my next door neighbor and the people across the street both lost power, probably due to something that happened in my yard. In spite of this my electricity stayed on. If my neighbors didn't hate me before, they sure do now. blink.gif

Our NYC and DC offices were closed today, but I just got notice that the power is completely out in the NY office building and our battery backups are exhausted so certain servers are unavailable. This shit just got real all the way out here in SF!

Sounds like single point of failure to me ....

Who wrote your business continuity plan?

Congrat - you get to test it!

A business continuity plan is a roadmap for continuing operations under adverse conditions such as a storm or a crime. In the US, governmental entities refer to the process as continuity of operations planning (COOP).

http://en.wikipedia....inuity_planning

if it fails, COOP == POOP

EDIT: Snarkyness aside, hope your East Coast Staff and their families are safe.

Edited by Grahame

Sounds like single point of failure to me ....

Who wrote your business continuity plan?

Congrat - you get to test it!

A business continuity plan is a roadmap for continuing operations under adverse conditions such as a storm or a crime. In the US, governmental entities refer to the process as continuity of operations planning (COOP).

http://en.wikipedia....inuity_planning

if it fails, COOP == POOP

EDIT: Snarkyness aside, hope your East Coast Staff and their families are safe.

The redundancy department of redundancy wrote our contingency plan. It was only a few NYC drives, but I was exaggerating for effect.