Boomana's Big Ride (yup....looking for donations time)

boomana

Guys, thank you so much. Due to your donations, I more than met the goal to ride. All your funds will be well used. Sadly, I sprained and got a hairline fracture of my ankle today, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to ride. I'm really really sad, but the funds raised still all go to a great cause so at least I can feel good about something. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Guys, thank you so much. Due to your donations, I more than met the goal to ride. All your funds will be well used. Sadly, I sprained and got a hairline fracture of my ankle today, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to ride. I'm really really sad, but the funds raised still all go to a great cause so at least I can feel good about something. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Aww Maaan, you can tough it out. Or, maybe you could send a proxie in your place, someone who couldn't have gotten in without your fundraising.

Ah that shucks! Better give it some rest to not stress it even more but it must feel horrible after all this time you've been working towards this event. Had an infection in my knee which kept me from doing sports the last couple of weeks. Went spinning for the first time today, hope it'll work out. It sucks to be held back by physical injuries. Good luck!

I was teasing. I should have said, "it's only a flesh wound" aka Monty Python...

It still wouldn't have been funny. Maybe you know Vicki better than I think you do although I would have thought that if you knew Vicki well at all you'd understand that she worked her ass off prepping for this ride and to have a random (non-cycling related) injury prevent her from participating is killing her.

Actually, I think it's the crutches that are killing me.

Guys, thanks for the support, but I'm okay. This weekend will be hard when my friends are all on the ride, but life on life's terms and all that crap. At the end of the day I've dealt with far worse, and I still have my ankle, and my health, and have found that I love cycling, which I'll get back to in a few weeks.

It still wouldn't have been funny. Maybe you know Vicki better than I think you do although I would have thought that if you knew Vicki well at all you'd understand that she worked her ass off prepping for this ride and to have a random (non-cycling related) injury prevent her from participating is killing her.

When I met her at CanJam 2009 she welcomed me with open arms when many other headcasers were sneering at me. I've been reading her updates in the biking thread with great interest, and almost suggested she start a blog about it to share with a bigger crowd, but I thought that statement would backfire. I do know how important this is to her. I wouldn't have donated if this wasn't something close to her heart (both the riding part and the charity).

They just had the closing ceremonies, and the ride was a huge success with 500 riders and many more crew members raising $859,000+ dollars, 100% of which will go directly back to the agencies I listed in the first post. I do want to thank you all for your generous support this ride and cause. Even if I wasn't able to actually make the trip, thanks to you, I feel like I got to take part.