HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Blarg, ecstasy delayed. The bike was actually ready to be picked up yesterday when I got there but won't fit my rack without an adapter. So I'll go back and try my other rack this morning or just buy the adapter. I did get to ride it around the parking lot and it'll be a lot of fun on the trails.

You could have disassembled it to put inside the car, and put it back together at home.

I got the bike this morning. The shop did setup the suspension per the manual for my weight but there appears to be an issue with the rear shock when in long travel mode. It thumps at the top of the stroke. I'd think something was loose if it didn't function perfectly in the lower travel setting. Regardless I took it home to give it a shakedown ride sometime this weekend and then I'll bring it back Monday or Tuesday so my LBS can get in touch with Fox.

Fox has a setup and tech page for the shock on your Cannondale. There's 2 separate rebound adjustor knobs on your shock, my guess is the shop didn't get the one for the long travel mode dialed in which is why you're getting the thump at the top. Go through the setup guide and make sure the air pressure is in right ballpark, then get both rebound adjustors dialed in. If that doesn't take care of it then yeah, Fox will be getting a call from your shop.

http://www.foxracing...adrt2.html#asps

I think I'd probably start around a 54, sigh. Looks like a killer deal. V, just buy it anyways. I'm sure it'll go quick.

Nate, congrat! I'm sure you'll get the suspension dialed in soon enough. Hope you're going to get a few rides in this season.

Mike, keep the road bike, buy a dual suspension mtn bike. You're going to bitch about not having dual suspension, so you may as well do that.

**BRENT**

Mike, keep the road bike, buy a dual suspension mtn bike. You're going to bitch about not having dual suspension, so you may as well do that.

**BRENT**

You might be right for the years I rode, never really bitched about being on a ht. I am about 12 years older so who knows. I think Desalvo has done dual suspension bikes so waiting to hear back.

I can't find a geometry section on the calfee site, but that bike might fit me.

Vicki it's sort of odd. Click on the Tetra and then click on road on the right hand side of page and it should bring up the geometry in a pop up.

Edit: I printed it and attached it. After all you are going through right now I figure I should make it as easy as possible.

http___www.calfeedesign.pdf

Edited by Dreadhead