HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Thanks Deepak. I need to hear this stuff. I'm likely not buying until the end of the year so I probably should spend some time looking at LBS's to see what is available. I am all over the place with this stuff and need to focus. I'm still waiting to hear from DeSalvo about possibly switching the bike I have on order to either a Ti hard tail or suspension (650).

A DeSalvo 650b would be hot! Do you mean hardtail (with front suspension), I do not see a full suspension on their page.

I am going to see if Intense offers any discounts next off season (my guess no), if not then it will probably be Rocky Mountain Altitude or hope that Specialized announces one in their Stumpy FSR line.

I did as well and those look very similar to mine nice choice. Hard to justify choosing aluminum cages for a carbonfiber bike, kind of like using MDF in a butcher block cutting board.

Thanks! I use Tacx bottle cages on everything else (including 2 carbon bikes) and they are awesome but I figured "why not" with a bike like the Calfee.

Nate, thanks for the advice. I will be shopping around. Deepak, I've seen pics on DeSalvo's website of dual suspension bikes he's made. I believe he uses a dual suspension design from another manufacturer. I would still consider a hard tail despite everyone telling me you have to go dual. I used to ride here, in NC, in CO, in CA and other places all on ht's and had a blast. Needless to say, I'm all over the place on this.

Don't forget about a 650b Dragon smile.png

DP, free shipping if you preorder.

Definitely going to be some off-season deals. See if you can look at a deal on a Giant XTC Composite 0 (carbon fibre + X0/X9) or Composite 1. If you'e going hardtail, you know you want Ti or CF.

Oh, don't forget about Lynskey if you're looking at Ti. They're doing 650b now... but you pay for it. I had a buddy pick up a killer Lynskey for 2700$ with just a few hundred miles on it a few weeks ago on CL.

**BRENT**

Edited by MexicanDragon

Don't buy a Lynskey. Them and Litespeed are the only US companies who somehow figured out how to make titanium bikes that cracked apart by the bushel. Not surprising since Lynskey used to run Litespeed. It's also warranty hell when one of their frames cracks apart on you. Friend of mine used to work at a former Lynskey dealer, former because after the cracked frames started coming in for warranties all hell broke loose and they dropped Lynskey since the manufacturer was a bitch to work with. As in badmouthing customers when they ebay'd their frames after they got sick of dealing with broken frames and warranty replacements.

If you want a titanium bike you go with Seven Cycles and have them custom build you a Sola SL. Comes with any wheel size you want, built to your body measurements and riding style with no compromises. And they don't break.

Sorry Vicki that really blows. This stupid cold has kept me off mine for almost 2 weeks now but it is finally going away I think (I pray). I've gained at least 5 lbs because I'm hungry all the time and if I don't eat I feel like I'm going to pass out.

Got word from Calfee that shipping this week was happening but I don't know what form that takes and how long it will take to make it to my shop but I'm guessing it's a week from Cali so maybe it'll get built on Black Friday.

Vicki, that just sucks.

This.

The weather here has turned cold enough that I'm pretty sure I'm done road riding for the year unless we get some really strange warm snaps. It was 22 when I left this house this morning with forecast daytime highs in the mid 40s. I can still MTB in this weather so I'm hoping to get a few more rides in on the new bike and I mounted the road bike on the trainer last night. I'm currently shoping for an iPad case to mount to my handlebars to fend off extreme boredom.

• Like 1

Sorry again about your ankle, Vicki. I didn't realized you're on crutches.

The weather here has turned cold enough that I'm pretty sure I'm done road riding for the year unless we get some really strange warm snaps. It was 22 when I left this house this morning with forecast daytime highs in the mid 40s. I can still MTB in this weather so I'm hoping to get a few more rides in on the new bike and I mounted the road bike on the trainer last night. I'm currently shoping for an iPad case to mount to my handlebars to fend off extreme boredom.

Nate, I'm also challenged in finding daylight to ride my bike that fits my work schedule during the week so I've resorted to riding my bike on the trainer. I personally recommend getting a few Sufferfest videos as they give you a structured workout and more importantly makes riding on a trainer MUCH less boring and unbearable. I have the Fight Club and There Is No Try videos and I'm probably gonna buy a few more soon. You can even load them to your iPad but I've never done so. I watch them on my TV via my PS3.