HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

The beauty shot. Chris' bike is gorgeous.

Both bikes look great.  However, this picture points out to me how much I aesthetically prefer a horizontal top tube.  Maybe I'm old school, but I'm probably just old.

Keep it up Brent!  

And Vicki, I can't lose weight for shit.  I guess I am a woman.

Stop drinking alcohol for a month while changing no other part of your diet or activity level.  I bet that you'll lose weight.  I also bet that I would too.

Stop drinking alcohol for a month while changing no other part of your diet or activity level.  I bet that you'll lose weight.  I also bet that I would too.
Unfortunately I agree with you Ken. If I stopped drinking beer I know that I too will drop weight without any increase in exercise frequency or the need to eat less. Of course that is easier said than done.

Unfortunately I agree with you Ken. If I stopped drinking beer I know that I too will drop weight without any increase in exercise frequency or the need to eat less. Of course that is easier said than done.

Raffy it's time for you me and John to stop drinking. Think of all the bike stuff we could buy with the extra cash plus the weight loss. I'm in, just say the word

• Like 1

Raffy it's time for you me and John to stop drinking. Think of all the bike stuff we could buy with the extra cash plus the weight loss. I'm in, just say the word

I always think of how much better on the bike I could be if I weighted around 130 lbs (meaning I'll have to lose around 27). I'll lose all access to good beer when I go home for vacation in the Philippines for 3 weeks on the 14th so that'll be a good start for me.

I have my official fitting Wednesday so I wanted to settle on pedals so I could be fitted with the proper pedal.  I think I will get the new Specialized S works shoe and I am thinking some kind of Look pedals.  

What are the HC approved road pedals these days?

Look Keo max are great pedals. The blades that I have are a bit better but not really worth it. I would recommend waiting until the fit for the pedals because you may have some float requirements but I doubt it. The Keos you just change the cleat to change the float. 

Speedplay pedals do have the advantage that you can use either side of the pedals so they can be quicker to clip in. 

Edited by Dreadhead

Jeff I would be very surprised if they didn't sell them. That said once engaged they are all about the same. The adjustable float on the zeros looks pretty cool.

I tried them once but the difference was not noticeable enough for me in use to justify the switch. I may have gone the speed play route if it worked out differently but now I have 5/6 sets of keo pedals.

I have covers for my cleats but learned that they only work if you put them on.  For me at least, the chance of the cleats needing replacement in a year is worth the advantages of the pedals but ymmv.

Mike, those covers are keep on covers and don't need to be removed. That's the point. I was trying to be as even handed as possible. I personally still prefer my Keos but that's probably familiarity and the fact I'm used to how they clip in and I do like that I can walk into my house with my shoes on. That said, starting from scratch and with those covers the Zeros seem to come out ahead because of the fact they have double entry.