HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

At least you still have ridable trails where you live. Everything in my area is super sticky ankle deep mud thanks to all the rain we got over the past couple weeks. Riding season is pretty much done until it gets cold enough to freeze the trails solid. Hooray for indoor ice rinks, otherwise I'd probably go postal from lack of activity.

Schaeffer does have hunting:

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/Publiclands/central/schaefferfarm.asp

I tried to get info on when this would or did happen, but I didn't find it. Maybe I just missed finding the dates on that page, but I didn't see them posted.

I have to say I am not familiar with Wakefield, but I saw somewhere that there is a lot of managed deer culling in VA as well as MD, due to overpopulation.

Just read Dave Kirk's answer to my post on paceline, and he will not be attending NAHBS.  I really want to go just to see everything, but between plane, hotel, and extra monies I'm sure to spend, the debate I'm having in my head now is between using that money towards the bike or going to the show.  I'm leaning towards putting that $1000ish towards the bike.  I don't have to decide tonight, but since I'm expecting my name to come up in late February or early March to start the build process, the timing is saying "bike."  If Dave were going, I'd be booking my plane ticket now, but that really does change things.  Maybe I should start planning for the 2014 show.

If the bike show was local I'd say go.  But it strikes me as one of those things that might be really cool to browse around for a few hours, maybe half a day and then I'd be like, "I flew how far to get here?".  It'd be like going to a headphone meet where you didn't know anyone.  There's some fun to be had, but I can think of better ways to burn $$ and vacation time.

If you survived SHOT with Joe... :)

**BRENT**

Yay.  I loved that show, but with the intention of not spending a penny, I walked out $4000 poorer.

That decides it.  I know me.  I'm canceling my plans for the show this year.  Money will best spent towards the bike rather than something else I'm sure to buy.

• Like 2

I see that. I was coming back to say that. 250 weight limit instead. Awesome wheels. They have been great with the warranty repair. Edit: I see that they have beefed up the rear hubs to try and prevent cracking. That is what happened to mine. Hope they fixed it.

Edited by Dreadhead