HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Big thanks to Nate for finding me a ridiculous deal on a suitable replacement for my mountain bike. I've committed to buying an '09 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Elite.

6080549C-B8B2-4C0C-A7E6-0AEBC30D9B2C-683

BBBEFE5D-424B-4215-8BC9-EB43714CE52F-683

While I still have plenty if skiing to do, and I haven't even figured out when I'm going to be able to pick the bike up, I'm pretty psyched!

I've been riding a Gary Fisher Joshua of similar vintage as the one Nate just moved up from. I had bought the frame back in '01 or '02 and built it then. I had gotten away from riding since, and really only got back into it last year. And there was a huge difference in Nate's riding once he upgraded... I knew I needed to do something to have a chance to keep up!

Did the Tour de Cure group ride today for 34 miles. It was a nice ride that started off gentle and got harder as the ride progressed. Hung around up front and did a decent pull with the group leader (we were doing double pacelines) so overall it was a good ride.

I wish my legs felt better after only 35 miles, missing 3 weeks out a real dent on my conditioning.

So, after another almost two weeks of no riding, I got in 10 miles this morning.  I felt good, but decided to stop this time while I was still feeling good so as not to set myself back again.  However not happy it makes me, I think I'm really going to have to take it much more slowly that I thought at first.

On the good front, I've lost 28 pounds, and set up some computrainer time this week to focus solely on pedal stroke/form.  As long as I'm going to be rehabing slowly, I might as well use this time to focus on basics.  I'm still doing weight training three days a week so as not to lose muscle.   I still need to lose another 15-20, but I'm stopping my rather hardcore "emergency surgery" diet, and am looking more at losing one pound a week moving forward.

• Like 1