HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Decided that I wanted more braking power on my bike.  Stuffed a set of Shimano Saints on the front. 

Quad ceramic piston caliper with radiator finned brake pads.

Totally overkill, but as they say, you don't know what's enough until you know what's too much.

IMG_3144.jpg

Got out for a quick ride before the rain set in.  Been a long time since I have been on a bike this heavy but that weight makes this thing amazing stable.  Felt like it was on rail and absorbed rough pavement far better than the two CF bikes.  Found a decent little trail and neighborhood to ride right across the street from my development.

i-smNsxQC-X2.jpg

i-V5XtCJV-X2.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks, I really like the looks of the bike.  I need to put it on the scale soon as I am guessing it will be 5-10 pounds heavier than the Cervelo based on feel.  The ride is really smooth, don't know if that is the 28 wheels or the Titanium frame.  The Campy crank and shimano cassette also make for a dramatically quieter ride than the Sram Red.

Love the new bikes, especially the DeSalvo.  

I did get out this morning for about 20 slow miles.  Felt good.  Had physical therapy around noon, which also went well.  Things are looking up.  Also, as of this morning, I am officially 30 pounds lighter than I was on the day the accident happened.  Fifteen more pounds to go, but I think a combo of every thing I'm trying to do right now (computrainer twice a week, physical therapy three times a week, weight training three days a week, diet, and now outside riding once or twice a week) can't help but mean good things soon.  I'm definitely getting out tomorrow for another ride.  I'm hoping in about two months I will be able to join the Florida crew for a group ride.

• Like 1

Love the new bikes, especially the DeSalvo.  

I did get out this morning for about 20 slow miles.  Felt good.  Had physical therapy around noon, which also went well.  Things are looking up.  Also, as of this morning, I am officially 30 pounds lighter than I was on the day the accident happened.  Fifteen more pounds to go, but I think a combo of every thing I'm trying to do right now (computrainer twice a week, physical therapy three times a week, weight training three days a week, diet, and now outside riding once or twice a week) can't help but mean good things soon.  I'm definitely getting out tomorrow for another ride.  I'm hoping in about two months I will be able to join the Florida crew for a group ride.

Your determination and drive is exceptional.

With all the new MTBs on this list, I decided to give it another go. Anyone else SSing?

http://salsacycles.com/bikes/el_mariachi_ss

No single speed here, but I dig that bike.  I think something running the new SRAM XX1 group would be great, but SS?  Not even on my best day.  I did see a guy on a Niner Air9Carbon with Niner RDO carbon fork as a single speed, the guy was STUPID fast.

Enjoy the new toy (if you've already gotten it!)

**BRENT**

NB-CR-NCL-SIDE.jpg

I'm tired of hearing people bitch about me bitching about wanting a road bike.

No name (carbon) frame, Tiagra/105 mix, Shimano R500 (Tiagra) wheels, about 18.5 pounds.

Yeah, I know, I've gotta upgrade the wheels, drivetrain, bars, stem, post, saddle, and frame, but this will do til that happens.

OK, so I'm counting on you guys to make my lazy ass get up and ride.

**BRENT**

P.S.  Now I need some pedals and shoes. Inexpensive stuff. Haven't looked in ages, what do you guys think?

Edited by MexicanDragon
  • Like 2