HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Hey guys, if there's anyone wearing an XL or XXL, there is a BMC team rep KIT (jersey and bibs) for 30 bucks on Competitive Cyclist!

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/product-apparel/2012-bmc-team-replica-set-36465.16.1.html?CMP_ID=DM_CRT012fb&mv_pc=r350&mr:referralID=54586b62-99ce-11e2-a969-001b2166c2c0

98278_i_1.jpg

I'm debating 1, or 2 pair.  Yes, wearing BMC stuff while not having BMC stuff ftl, but hell, after the house fire in 2011 (MIL's place), I made it out with 1 cheap pair of shorts, and that's it.

**BRENT**

Hey guys, if there's anyone wearing an XL or XXL, there is a BMC team rep KIT (jersey and bibs) for 30 bucks on Competitive Cyclist!

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/product-apparel/2012-bmc-team-replica-set-36465.16.1.html?CMP_ID=DM_CRT012fb&mv_pc=r350&mr:referralID=54586b62-99ce-11e2-a969-001b2166c2c0

98278_i_1.jpg

I'm debating 1, or 2 pair.  Yes, wearing BMC stuff while not having BMC stuff ftl, but hell, after the house fire in 2011 (MIL's place), I made it out with 1 cheap pair of shorts, and that's it.

**BRENT**

I have read that set runs very small Brent.

Why you gotta be so depressing, Nate? :(  Oh, hey, 30$ for a jersey and bib for you, at least. ;)

Showing 47-49 in XXL for chest, and 42 for the bibs.  Bah, I'll just pass on it, but some of you guys may could snag it.  Off to the bike shop soon to search for clearance 9XL stuff, perhaps.

Oh, and got word that Garmin is still for sale on CL.

**BRENT**

Nice, Dan.  Time for you to get riding!

So....drum roll please....52 pain free miles today!  I'm back!!!!  

I broke out the Calfee, and I forgot how much I liked these wheels and tires.  I thought I was going to do a quick 20, but felt so good I kept going.  I was aided by a beautiful tailwind going north, and rode faster than I ever have before: 19-22 the whole way, minus the crazy church traffic section in Palm Beach , and even kicked it up to 23-25 when I was trying to impress a couple handsome older guys, but that only lasted two miles :)  I'm still sorta shocked.  Of course, that same friendly wind kicked my azz on the way back home, and I was back between 14-16 mph, but I wasn't alone in that, and even the groups were chugging along.  I seriously bonked the last five mile.  Between the gusts coming off the ocean, and the fact that I'd eaten nothing since dinner yesterday, and no carbs at that, I'm surprised I didn't die out earlier.  

photo_zpseb2464ee.jpg

Mile 32 at the Palm Beach Inlet.  

• Like 1

That is amazing Vicki, seems like just weeks ago you thought you were not going to get back to form.  I still could not ride that long.  Partly because of comfort but mostly because of just getting bored and wanting to do something else.  1-1.5 hours is about my limit.  

Jeff, I find it really meditative, probably because I'm just riding along the ocean in a straight line, and at least where I ride (north from Delray Beach to Palm Beach), there are very few traffic areas or lights where you have to stop.  Riding south, near where John lives, is more annoying, and I'm done after 30 miles.  I actually find it easier to go long when riding alone.

I'm kinda surprised on the difference between only a few weeks ago and the past week.  Physical therapy seemed to do the trick.  Although workman's comp will no longer pay, I'm signing up for one more month.  

Feel better, Chris!  

John and Mike, do you want to ride next Sunday?  I'm getting the hitch put on the Vibe for the 1UP bike rack on Saturday morning, but I think I'm finally ready to ride with friends again.

Dan, if that cassette ends up causing too many adjustment issues I have a 11-28 that I could swap with you. It's what I've been riding so far this year and while not as nice as the 32 it's still pretty good on the hills. I can't remember what you're coming from but I think it was a close ratio, right?

Honestly, if the derailleur can't handle this cassette, I'll probably throw a mtb derailleur on the back until I'm in shape enough to go back to stock dura ace.

Dan, I've seen the pics of your driveway. If they resemble the hills around there, they will still be brutal.

Yah, i meant the normal hills, which aren't anything like that severe :)