HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Raffy I bought the 13 pack of the videos and will try them all gradually but I'll try There Is No Try next. I just ignored the attacks on the last few cycles though, dieting and those videos may not go wo well together and I'm not stopping dieting. I actually have the videos syncronized to my computrainer using PerPro sutdio (http://perfprostudio.com/) so it turns up the power to 120% FTP etc as the attacks happen etc. A friend of mine who's a coach recommended the setup and I must say it's pretty awesome as it runs the video and pauses it etc. It will even work with an ANT+ dongle, ant+ speed/cadene and your trainer model to give you a approximate power from your trainer so you can do it that way if you don't have a power meter.

Edited by Dreadhead

Looking forward to the pics and seeing the final product. I may have missed it but did you decide on paint and logo? I'd be tempted to clear coat what I've seen so far :)

I have two strong choices that I can't decide between, though they're similar.  I think I'll wait to reveal my choice when I get the frame back.  I may even surprise myself by letting Joe decide.  The good news is that Dave told me using a stencil rather than the decals is 100% doable, so I'm very excited.

The bike was finished yesterday, and here are the final pics:

DSC_0658_zps8a70e6bf.jpg

DSC_0656_zps3ed97c42.jpg

DSC_0651_zps5796ee4f.jpg

DSC_0649_zps8de5701d.jpg

DSC_0646_zps1a7a5c61.jpg

DSC_0628_zpsa7b0c70c.jpg

DSC_0613_zpsdc997f4b.jpg

DSC_0609_zpsed823e04.jpg

DSC_0643_zpsce4add26.jpg

I also registered for a metric century charity ride on May 11 in Ft. Lauderdale.   There's a full century option, but I don't think I can get ready in time.  My legs are still pretty floppy after not really riding for four and a half months.  We'll see.  

As nice as Daves photos are they just don't do the frame justice.  The one part on my bike that smacked me was the rear dropouts and how they looked like they just grew out of the tube ends.  This is seriously cool stuff to me.  Congrats Vicki and It'll be great when you've got it to enjoy!

I used to be a serious rider, but Anchorage had ample opportunity to ride. There really is no place safe to ride here, other than the beach. Not to mention the corrosion from salty air here.

The moment I move from here I'm buying a new bike.

Got in a blustery 25-mile ride while UHaul was installing my hitch this morning.  I wasn't feeling it at all, but I've come to learn that I never like the first 45 minutes of any ride, and just as I was getting into it, I had to head back.  The 1UP rack is great.  Takes minutes to put on, and seconds to get the bike on and off.  

photo_zpsf1aa4c76.jpg

Steel is real!

Heavy.  I kid, I kid.

Picked up the Ti Zipp stems for the Desalvo.  I am really liking my local shop less and less.  The manager that I really liked disappeared a few weeks ago to be replaced by some annoying little guy.  Then the great mechanic in the back has a manager put in place over him from one of the other stores, who is a major hipster dufus douchebag.  Now said annoying manager has canceled the Mellow Monday ride to go for a more traditional Wednesday ride like the other boring shop rides.  If there was another real shop around I would definitely be moving as after spending $15k+ in this shop since December I am still never offered any discount whatsoever on anything I buy and I don't even like hanging out there anymore.

That sux, Jeff.  I've not bought a bike from my LBS in years, but still hop in from time to time for little things (and previously to see what they had in road bikes).  The last bike I got from them sucked, but it was stolen after 3 rides, so I kinda forget about that one.... but even still, I get a 10% "friend of the shop" discount whenever I'm there from either the owners or one of the head floor guys... and I haven't spent even a 3rd of that there, since the 90s.

I can honestly say there are 2-3 GREAT shops in my area... just have to weed 'em out.

**BRENT**