HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Just talked to my sister and my niece isn't quite as unscathed as I thought.  She definitely has a broken ankle and possibly a broken patella.  To go with those, she has beaucoup road rash on her butt and back.  Apparently she was riding down a hill at 35 mph, hit a bump and lost control. 

I wish I could do a noontime ride.

Today, my frame got Fed Exed to Joe Bell.  Today, Dave announces this:

This year, 2013, marks the tenth anniversary of the Kirk Frameworks Co. To celebrate this milestone I will be offering a limited edition of 10th Anniversary specials. The production of these special 10th Anniversary Specials will be limited to ten bikes in total and once these ten are sold no more orders will be taken for this model.

The 10th Anniversary Specials will be unique versions of the JK Special lugged road race bike and will be equipped with the curved Terraplane seat stays. These framesets will be made to measure and will be built with many features unique to the project. The exact specifications are still being finalized - below is a list of the frameset’s features – 

• 10th Anniversary paint scheme by Joe Bell
• 10th Anniversary Kirk graphics
• 10th Anniversary special lug shaping
• 10th Anniversary head badge
• 10th Anniversary front and rear dropouts
• 10th Anniversary brake bridge
• 10th Anniversary brass cable adjusters
• Includes painted to match stem
• Each frameset will be signed and numbered

At this point the final price is not 100% firm but I expect it to be about $5000 for the frame and fork set. None of the features that make this 10th Anniversary bike unique will ever be repeated. Di2/EPS internal wire routing is a no cost option. Special pricing will be available on my favored build kits based on top of the line Campagnolo, Shimano and Sram components.

I’m expecting to deliver these late in 2013 or early 2014 so they will no doubt be ready for the 2014 riding season.

I will be taking ten deposits only and making a list of names of those interested should someone in the queue need to give up their spot. Please contact me with any questions you might have and I’ll do my best to right back to you.

Thanks so much for all the support over the past ten years and here’s to the next ten!

My timing sucks.   :)