HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Ian I am looking forward to see the first GoPro video you guys shoot this season. You seem to be more interesting riders than Ginger Avenger and Biscuit Boy.

Between the GoPro & the goggles I use for skiing with its integrated camera, Nate and I should be able to properly document all sorts of stupidity. Though my crash (seen here) may slow me down a little. Aw, who am I kidding? I'll be raising hell out in the woods as soon as the tires hit the dirt!

I might have hit a snag.  I managed to snap off the bolt in my thompson seat post collar.  Not sure I am going to be able to find one tomorrow early enough to head down that way.

Head to Wal-Mart, buy a bike, take it off, install on yours for tomorrow, then return it/donate it to some kid on the way back who looks like they could appreciate it/leave it by the dumpster saying "Free Huffy: Ride at your own risk"

**BRENT**

Edit: rest of the page hadn't loaded, didn't see you got it fixed. Enjoy the ride, kids.

Edited by MexicanDragon

I really wish I lived in the states close to any of you guys.  The rides you guys are posting about sound like a lot of fun.  I have not riden all week due to work and getting things in order for my wife's return from a 3 week business trip. 

Also the wind here has been terrible.  18-20 steady with gusts to 29-30 all day every day last week.  It will be like this for the next couple of weeks here.  Makes for a fun boat ride to and from work though.

^ yuck.

I did 45 miles this morning.  Was going to do 60, but 15-18 mph crosswinds the whole way, not including nasty gusts, got real old real fast, and it wasn't going to change.  I stopped for a sandwich about mile 40, but was so close to home, and my legs were already toasty, I just called it a day.  Also, I'm not used to having to grip my handlebars, but I was getting blown around so had to, and didn't like that much.  On the good front, I met a maybe new cycling buddy, riding a 30-year-old Fuji, at the inlet, and we took some time riding around the side street neighborhoods in Palm Beach, which was fun, but took up too much time.   If I count Friday in, I did make my 100 mile goal for the weekend, so I"m going to count Friday in :)

John and Mike.....Raffy?....anyone want to ride next weekend?  I'm all alone out here........

Vicki, come to Atlanta next weekend, and I'll ride with ya!

It's just been dumping buckets of rain in this area all weekend, so I'm kinda bummed. I'm totally not prepared to ride in the rain, gear wise. There is a beginner ride on a quiet stretch of road on Monday that it SHOULD be dry enough to do. I'm planning on doing that, but an old racing buddy used to be into racing bikes before racing cars, so we spent a while last night talking shop and have a ride we're going to do once it quits raining.

**BRENT**