HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Raffy, I just picked up a pair of those shoes.  Thanks for the heads up.  I needed a second pair after having to use a hair dryer on mine more than once to wear on a second day after rain.  I don't know about the men's shoes, but the women's have a wide toe box and a narrow heel, which is perfect for me.  

Chris, your team was well represented.  You had two riders in the breakaway in the Pro race but one died off so your guy couldn't pull off the win against the Ducati team.

Pro Race.

tdt85-X2.jpg

A little Cervelo Love

tdt93-X2.jpg

tdt90-X2.jpg

Team NCVC

tdt95-X2.jpg

tdt101-X2.jpg

tdt104-X2.jpg

tdt103-X2.jpg

tdt109-X2.jpg

tdt116-X2.jpg

tdt123-X2.jpg

After coming in Third while leading much of the race.

tdt129-X2.jpg

Others.

The Winner

tdt127-X2.jpg

tdt81-X2.jpg

tdt102-X2.jpg

tdt99-X2.jpg

tdt84-X2.jpg

Rode a 25 mile HR Zone 2 ride today meaning I had to be at 139 bpm max for the ride. It was very very very challenging to force yourself not to hammer and it really took every ounce of whatever discipline I have in me to maintain the constant lowish HR. And how do the cycling gods reward me? A fucking gash to my 1 week old Vittoria Pave's less than .5 mile from my car!

Fuck me, might be a sign that this HR zone training is a bunch of horseshit.

I went over it a few times when I just had to sprint but I'm pretty sure my average is at 139 or lower for the whole ride. I was painful initially but I learned some sections you can coast to around 120 bpm or less then pound to 140 then take it easy again. It was more mentally than physically exhausting to keep track.

I don't think it'd be physically possible for me to ride with that max HR. 

You guys watch HR? I figure if I'm not in the ditch, it be good :)

Raffy: you are trying to get your bars lower? I ran across this calculator today which might be useful

http://yojimg.net/bike/web_tools/stem.php

Doesn't work so well for my quill stems :rofl: Or maybe it would.

That's an impressive average to still be moving at 16mph.  I'd guess I'd be a good 20bpm higher. 

You guys watch HR? I figure if I'm not in the ditch, it be good
I really try to only look at it after a ride is over unless I'm trying to specifically make sure that I'm not over doing it.  But more and more often I'm trying to just go out and ride at a pace that feels comfortable and not look at my HR or speed for the entire ride.

I'm probably gonna get lectured about this but I ran my stem with no headset cover for the past 2 days but with a shim so as not to contact the top bearing directly. This gives me almost .5 more inches of drop for a whopping 1.25 inches total. The extra half inch may not sound like much but I like it better this way. Probably not gonna run it this way for a long time though.

12mm makes a big difference when you need it. I wonder if this won't work for your set up? I believe they have a height of about 2.5mm. In terms of weather sealing, perhaps you might need to pull the fork and clean/regrease the upper and lower bearings every 6 mo. or so, but that's a simple operation.

Forgot the link.

http://metallicpoutine.com/shop/

Edited by pigmode

I wish, Nate. The way it's set up right now is actually feels really good. I know I bitch about my frame all the time but in the grand scheme of things, my bike rocks. Of course, my next frame will have a more aggressive geometry but for where I am right now, my Roubaix is plenty good for me.

12mm makes a big difference when you need it. I wonder if this won't work for your set up? I believe they have a height of about 2.5mm. In terms of weather sealing, perhaps you might need to pull the fork and clean/regrease the upper and lower bearings every 6 mo. or so, but that's a simple operation.

Forgot the link.

http://metallicpoutine.com/shop/

Yep, just ordered one last week and it should be here any day now.

Raffy what is the angle on the stem you are running now? Maybe you can get something with more negative angle to get you your drop.

I'm already on a -20 degree track stem, the only stem steeper is a -28 degree stem that Specialized makes but it's never in stock.