HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Both true, but humid air is less dense so in truth, you should be faster (less drag)

And Boo, too bad you don't live closer.  I hope to get 50 in tomorrow morning too.  Should be interesting since like Jeff the forecast is for 90% humidity at 6am.  Blech.

Well since you pulled out the science: it's been pretty conclusively been shown that for human endurance sports humid is slower because we need good heat management to perform over extended periods. Physiological effects overwhelm the physics. Edit: this post of course serves as further proof of my douchiness as confirmed a few pages back.

Edited by Dreadhead

I like it more than Garmin Connect.  It has a whole lot of pre-loaded segments and you can make your own and set goals to track your progress.  I paid for Pro so I could break down the rankings into the fat guy list so I feel better about my placing in the segment ranks.

Impressive stats there Nate, 18mph average over 50 miles is very respectable pace and 1500 ft of climbing is not shabby.

Me a hot, hilly and lazy 38 miles with nearly 1900 ft of elevation.  Took a tour of the wild fire damage from last month, quite humbling to see an entire mountainside black and charred.  Yeeeeesh!

Impressive stats there Nate, 18mph average over 50 miles is very respectable pace and 1500 ft of climbing is not shabby.

Me a hot, hilly and lazy 38 miles with nearly 1900 ft of elevation. Took a tour of the wild fire damage from last month, quite humbling to see an entire mountainside black and charred. Yeeeeesh!

Thanks Greg. I'm really happy with that since I had to walk the bike across a pretty long bridge and the Garmin counted that as time/pace since the rear wheel was spinning. Tomorrow will be an MTB day and Monday I hope to get a commute in.

Glad you got out Chris but I bet it was hot. I need to find a way to carry more water on the bike. I had to actively manage intake today and ran out with two miles to go.