HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Dunno if I should laugh or sigh....

One of the farms along the bike trail has their irrigation thingy set to close and it was spraying water across the entire width of the trail.
 Temps were in the mid 90s today so I figured what the heck, might be nice and blasted right through it.
About a mile later I reached up to wipe the dried water spots off my glasses and hit a 4" chipmunk hole.
Ended up flying ass over tea-kettle into the weeds at 22 miles an hour (it was a slightly down-hill stretch).....

The road rash on my knee and arm will heal but my poor Cateye may have seen it's last day. :(

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6964/zg2l.jpg

White Pearl is about as timeless as it gets and the great thing is that the other colors will really pop!  I think that Joe may be onto something with the candy red because if I remember correctly the way most candy colors work is that they're laid on over an appropriate base coat and the color takes on the good aspects of the base color and becomes better than either color on it's own.  With the Pearl the candy red should be really striking.  

There aren't a lot of painters who will work with Pearl as it's unforgiving of screwups.  

When I expressed concerns about the pearl, Joe assured me that he only used the 50-year-old, excellent, lead stuff.  The guy is good, but a bit nuts.  

Marshall, heal up.   :(

The main organizer and leader of the team I'm riding with on the Miami to Key West ride in November was hit by a car (hit and run) on Saturday.  He has a broken and dislocated clavicle, five broken ribs, and expected road rash, but will otherwise be okay.  Scary stuff.  

Hope you heal up soon.

Got in another out of work ride. It was fricking hot and muggy at 8am. In honor of today's Tour stage I did a hill repeat on one of the longer climbs. Tomorrow is my day off so I'm going to get rolling earlier and hope there isn't too much traffic.

Edited by Dreadhead

I've commuted to work Tues./Wed. and today, and agree on the fricking hot and muggy (maybe not by FL standards), particularly on the commute home. Drivers continue to be courteous.

Saw a guy on two days commuting on a 4-lane divided highway with no shoulder (curb) that I would not even attempt riding. Not sure if it was the same guy both days. Props for balls, not sure about brains :laugh:

Edited by Pars

Aren't we all! ;)

Good point.

It's not been that hot here because it's been raining non-stop for days, seemingly weeks with a day or two of sunshine.  Really frustrating.  It's supposed to be stormy throughout the weekend, and I'm hoping at least not in the mornings.  I'm trying to get in some longer rides pre-Sebring, and also to test out some loaner saddles I have to return on Monday.  I can handle light rain, but I'm tired of the wind that comes with the stormy crap we've been having, and I'm not going to ride in it if it's dumping rain.  Bah.

Definitely.

I used my stand to put my new cadence / speed sensor on the Cervelo.  No more 3MPH downhills for me.

Getting up early for a ride tomorrow and trying to decide whether to take out the Calfee with the new wheels or the Cervelo to see what my average speed might be without the numerous speed gaps caused by the trees.

Edited by VPI