HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

So this weekend I rode both my Dad's Salsa Vaya and my brother's CAAD 9, talk about different rides.  Anyway, the net result is that I discovered that I've been running my saddle too low.  So this weekend I bumped it up a good half inch.  The ride into work this morning felt good with no issues.  I hammered in pretty good completing the 20.4 miles (thanks to the newly opened bridge) at 19.7.  I'm hoping to take a little longer route home since I won't have to catch a shuttle across the river and hopefully the saddle position will remain a positive adjustment. 

That is a pretty dramatic change.  I am going to raise the Calfee saddle quite a bit as I realized this weekend it is too low.  Otherwise the Calfee feels pretty comfortable with a very different geometry than the Cervelo.  I need to get fitted and I think it will be a very comfortable bike.

Dinny, stay strong. Don't give in.

In unrelated news. I'm looking at buying a bike. I hear Ohio is pretty prolific with the bike paths and I think it'd be a good change of PT. Currently looking at a Surly Crosscheck based on some recommendations from a friend at home. Now is there a place I can get Jeremy Clarkson's bike shirt?

I've been looking at a gravelbike to add to the stable and the Crosscheck is on my short list.  But I agree that we need a bit more information about how you intend to use the bike before we can make reasonable recommendations for possible alternatives.  Knowing your budget would help too. :)

I'm assuming it's still on its way to Montana as Dave seems like the type to notify me once it's arrived, especially since I haven't paid for it yet, and he was waiting for the bike, along with Joe's invoice, before telling me the final amount. 

I really really wanted the bike for Sebring, but I'm starting to be doubtful.   :-