HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Vicki WE all wish we were in better shape.   Not so long ago when you tore up your ankle you were worrying that you wouldn't ride much again but look at the progress to date and know that you will continue to improve.  Of course I say this when every time I get on the bike i bitch at myself for being a slug...

^ Agreed! I think you were worried that you might not be able to ride at all (or much) again. Now see where you are!

Re: tonight, I think I would have been over 16 had I not taken a detour and cruised around the restaurant/pub my younger son just got a job at :rolleyes:  Nate should be scared.... NOT

Edited by Pars

Vicki, a FL ride without you is gonna be sad, but you can come video me falling down for some good Biscuit Boy Goes South footage. Jeff thinks I will fall down enough that you can keep up with me by just walking, so if you change your mind... ;)

I hope to report on "mountain biking" in FL vs TN. I think they picked a "lazy Mexican" approved trail for me, so hoping I'll fare better than the NJ ride or the California ride where a 70 year old lady walked up the mountain faster than I could ride/push up it. Looking forward to it... Even if #s has me on a sleep schedule that pains my soul (it's before 7am and I've been up an hour.)

**BRENT**

Great ride Dan.

Had another great ride with Chris today.  Did the hill section down by Mt. Vernon.  About the same elevation gain over 20 miles that Dan had in 12.  7 PR over the previous times we have done the ride so I am getting somewhat better.  Don't have the magnet on the new rear Mad Fiber yet so my Garmin was pausing quite a bit or reading really slow speeds whenever in the trees.  

Only real issue was a blowout I had on a little downhill that managed to mar the new Mad Fibers and ruin a 4000s tire that had a couple of sidewall snake bites from being rid on.

Way to go, Dan!

Me: snuck out for a little 25mi jaunt around East Kingston.  Felt good to be back on the bike but I'm sure the 4 rabies shots yesterday (both arms and legs) probably didn't help.  Still, felt good but wasn't as fast as I hoped.

?????  Did I miss something?