HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

^  Hmmmmm.  I'm assuming all's well at this point.  Carry on, Nate.

Tried to meet up with that group John and I rode with last week, but only two other guys showed up.  I'm guessing that the 6:30AM rain and gusty weather had something to do with it.  Still, we rode, and the rain cleared up fast, though it stayed damn gusty.  We picked up some people along the way and either dropped or was dropped by them.  Ended up riding with only one guy most of the time.  Got in 43 miles plus breakfast and was home before 10AM.  I've cleaned my bike and self and have been lounging for the last half hour.  I can do this type of riding.  I just get too stressed when too much of my day escapes.

Oh...and did some bridge repeats at Lake Avenue.  I totally suck.

EDIT:  Okay, I just read Nate's bat battle adventures.  Glad you're okay. 

So after my saddle misadventures, I went straight from yesterday's ride to a local shop and tried out a couple saddles.  I rode an SMP pro for about a half hour and absolutely loved it, but it was too narrow and my sitbones were right on the edge and not happy about it.  Found out today that there's a slightly wider model, the Avant, so I bought it, risking a bit over $200, but after yesterday's audition, I'm thinking it's worth the risk.

sellesmpavantsaddle260x207.jpg

• Like 2

That video is the strongest case I've seen for someone that needs pedal extenders in quite a while. ;)

Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Pedal-Extenders-Crank-27-5mm/dp/B000QDGJVU

Not so random image from todays 50 miler....

P1000956_zps3c581f8f.jpg

(what the former Mentha ghost town looks like today)

And the back story if you're really bored....

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-54463_18670_18793-53363--,00.html

Really enjoyed the riding parts.  I would think your director's cut should cut out the 5 minute trail escape route interlude.   >:D

I still don't understand why Brent insists on taking a heavy mountain bike on all of his hikes.

Mike, looks like you have really good bike control.  Brent, you rocked walking down that 6 foot downhill.

Edited by VPI

Yeah... I think I'm done mtn biking for a while. Don't have the cardio base or especially the balance to do it right now. Jeff, time to just work your magic.

(Still haven't watched them, been hanging with the kids instead.)

**BRENT**

Why? You did fine. Fitness and bike handling develops on the bike, not off. Learn how to go slow with control down new-to-you descents and other obstacles, and develop a better eye for the terrain ahead, to anticipate fast gear changes.  

Why? You did fine. Fitness and bike handling develops on the bike, not off. Learn how to go slow with control down new-to-you descents and other obstacles, and develop a better eye for the terrain ahead, to anticipate fast gear changes.  

This.  More bike riding, not less.