HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Not serious pain just a moderate shooting pain down my right leg (and sometimes left) that comes on about an hour into a ride unless I have my chamois positioned just right. I just stop and futz around with it a bit and it improves to a dull burning sensation along the outside of my thigh and calf. Not willing to stop riding over it.

And had my first commuting "accident" tonight. Soon after I left work, I pulled into a turn lane and had to wait for oncoming cars. I thought I had unclipped when the wait was longer than I expected, but apparently not. "Oh shit" moment unraveled. Fell over, and scraped up my elbow on the asphalt. Glad I didn't do a collarbone. The balance of the ride home was fine once I got the bike readjusted a bit, and am riding in again tomorrow.

glad you made it relatively unscathed.

I bought my 16 yr old son a bike today.  A 2009 KHS Flite 500 aluminum and carbon road bike.  A craigslist score, it was just $200.  Not a perfect bike by any means, but a screaming deal at $200.  

So now we're up to 3 road bikes.  Looking forward to this weekend's ride.

• Like 1

Ouch, Chris.  Definitely glad it wasn't worse.

Dan, cool that your kids are getting into it.

Watson has his vet appt. early Saturday, and we start puppy training class right after so I'm not going to be able to get out my bike until Sunday.  Glad I got the puppy, but rides longer than a couple hours are going to be out for a few weeks.  

Went to the LBS to have a frayed FD cable replaced. Also had my chain checked and it's pretty stretched. Ordered a gold KMC chain from Amazon to replace it. I got around 2k miles of rain, dust and sand and infrequent cleanings so I really can't complain.

Turns out my Roubaix with pedals, cages and Garmin mount weighs 16.31 lbs. Not a weight weenie bike by any means but I was expecting to be more in the 17 lb. range so I'm actually pleasantly surprised.