HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

30mi honestly will not feel that much different if you can make it the first 15mi.

I really suck at climbing, to the point that it takes a while for to recover from a climb if I let my heart rate get too high. The only reason I'm hesitating is because of the climbing; 15 additional miles of flat riding or near-flat riding wouldn't be too bad for me, but the 15mi course (pdf) has 469ft of gain while the 30mi course (pdf) has 2,428ft of gain.

That being said, I'm leaning towards just going for the 30mi and taking it at pace that keeps my heart rate at a reasonable level.

Chris, hope Ben feels better soon. It sucks to be sick :(

Edited by Nebby

Anyone here interested in a Russian River jersey made by Canari in medium? It's a 3/4 zip club cut that is very generous in my opinion. Too big for me and I just realized I don't like printed jerseys at all.

$55 shipped and I'll take trades for bike gear particularly tires and cassettes.

e3uryrer.jpg

zysu6yde.jpg

Cool jersey Raffy. Probably not big enough for me though.

I really suck at climbing, to the point that it takes a while for to recover from a climb if I let my heart rate get too high. The only reason I'm hesitating is because of the climbing; 15 additional miles of flat riding or near-flat riding wouldn't be too bad for me, but the 15mi course (pdf) has 469ft of gain while the 30mi course (pdf) has 2,428ft of gain.

That being said, I'm leaning towards just going for the 30mi and taking it at pace that keeps my heart rate at a reasonable level.

Chris, hope Ben feels better soon. It sucks to be sick :(

Damn, I would kill for a 30 mile route I can do locally with 2k+ feet gain. I have to drive 30 mins every weekend to ride 40-44 miles with around 1k climbing around here. 

Chris, hope Ben is feeling better.

Damn, I would kill for a 30 mile route I can do locally with 2k+ feet gain. I have to drive 30 mins every weekend to ride 40-44 miles with around 1k climbing around here. 

Chris, hope Ben is feeling better.

Move to Santa Barbara.  You can go from sea level to 3000' in less than 10 miles.

If anyone's been looking for Oakley glasses they've got a pretty decent selection at good prices depending on model.  I just ordered a pair of FlakJackets so that I can at least recover one of my pairs that some in my family seemed to "inherit"...

Sorry Ben I've got too much going on on Saturday and I can't swing that much driving. Going to take my kids to the local farm / pumpkin patch instead. I hope that you have a great time on the ride.

Planning on riding Sunday though if you want to come down here. I know that you have a long drive too so no pressure.

If anyone's been looking for Oakley glasses they've got a pretty decent selection at good prices depending on model.  I just ordered a pair of FlakJackets so that I can at least recover one of my pairs that some in my family seemed to "inherit"...

Are you talking about the Oakley site? I looks like everything is still full price though.

Re: Oakley, I got this on an email:

http://oakleyvault.com/catalog?N=100812+101078&cm_mmc=direct-oct13-_-sales3-_-top-_-txt-sunglass-shop-now

I am definitely out of the Baltimore thing. My youngest got the bug and she had a night that every parent would surely want to forget. Non-stop coughing, puking, the works. Luckily my wife is getting back in town late tonight.