HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Sorry Ben I've got too much going on on Saturday and I can't swing that much driving. Going to take my kids to the local farm / pumpkin patch instead. I hope that you have a great time on the ride.

Planning on riding Sunday though if you want to come down here. I know that you have a long drive too so no pressure.

No worries Chris, hope you and your kids have a good day at the farm/pumpkin patch. I'll have to see how worn out my legs are after the event. I don't mind the drive, but I might just take it easy and do the local shop ride Sunday.

Re: Oakley, I got this on an email:

http://oakleyvault.com/catalog?N=100812+101078&cm_mmc=direct-oct13-_-sales3-_-top-_-txt-sunglass-shop-now

I am definitely out of the Baltimore thing. My youngest got the bug and she had a night that every parent would surely want to forget. Non-stop coughing, puking, the works. Luckily my wife is getting back in town late tonight.

Thanks for the link, Juan.

Hope you kid feels better soon, that sounds rough.

No worries Chris, hope you and your kids have a good day at the farm/pumpkin patch. I'll have to see how worn out my legs are after the event. I don't mind the drive, but I might just take it easy and do the local shop ride Sunday.

Try and stay on Jens' wheel and attack him on the climbs :)

Edited by Dreadhead

Jealous! I want a picture with Jens Motherfucking Voight too! I've ridden low 50s earlier this year with just a summer baselayer and arm warmers. A little chilly but I pulled right off the gun to warm myself up. Bear in mind I like riding in adverse conditions so YMMV.

Edited by raffy

Layers, light enough that you can stash them in your back pocket. One long sleeve base layer should be good, You can peel that off when it reaches 60.

If you have a winter glove with a lining: I usually use the liner glove under a standard short fingered glove...

Leg warmers? I hate them myself though. In this situation what I do is I wear a lighter tight that I can roll up when it warms up.

Good luck!

I drove the course today after packet pickup, some of those climbs are intense! Definitely going to have to watch my heart rate carefully. Thanks for the advise, I picked up a pair of arm warmers and a base layer. There are a couple of decent inclines within the first 5 miles, so I imagine I should warm up fairly quickly once we get going. I also recorded a video clip or two of Jens' stories, will have to see if they turned out well...