HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Nice!  I see that your trails are as littered with leaves as mine are now.  Last year it was ok, they let people go out and blow off sections of the trail with a leaf blower but they've outlawed that this year.  It's pretty wretched, especially if there has been any sort of rainfall.

For me, two things of note.  One, I did what will definitely be the last commute of the year unless I work a half day or something.  It was near full dark for more than half the ride in and fracking cold.  It was below freezing when I left the house at 6:10 and while most of me was wrapped up well enough there just doesn't seem to be much that I can do about my feet.  The wind on the way home sucked as well.  It was blowing a steady 10mph out of the west with gusts in the mid 20s.  No thanks.  The second thing of note is that I briefed the wife on the arrival of the Calfee.  She was a little nonplussed on being brought in after the purchase but I managed that well enough to not be sleeping on the couch.  I'm psyched for its arrival on Friday and I'm going to try to make an appointment for it Saturday to have my LBS give it a once over and adjust a few things.  I am a little scared that it's going to be too aggressive but the price was too good to pass up and low enough that I can keep the Roubaix for a while and decide which one I want to keep. 

• Like 1

I'm planning an epic ride for the weekend, conditional on the weather. 

That is all I will say as I have already doomed myself to failure for even mentioning it. 

All your rides seem pretty epic to me.

Me, I looked at and touched the handlebars of my bike this morning as I walked by after taking the garbage out.  I probably can't ride worth a shit but I ran a 7:40 mile last night.

• Like 3

It was rainy and 50 when I left the office and unfortunately the bike required some reassembly so zero chance for a ride today.  I've got it 90% back together and the plan tomorrow is to take it to my LBS as soon as they open and see if I can beg them to finish the final few bits and send me home.  One thing is for sure (at least to my eyes) - this thing hasn't been ridden much at all.  Or it didn't get ridden outdoors or something. 

A few quick pics.

153171175.jpg

153171178.jpg

153171181.jpg

153171183.jpg

153171185.jpg

The only issue so far seems to be a sticky rear shifter, which from limited research is pretty common and hopefully cured by either replacing the cable or liberal application of WD40.  I'm hoping my shop can get it cured tomorrow. 

• Like 1