HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Another 1:45 today in wetter weather. Stayed dry until the heavens opened at 3 minutes before I arrived home. I also learned how relatively crap the breaking is on the Mad Fibers in the wet. I guess now they've gone belly up and I won't get any support anyway I can try some other pads.

I need to install my crank arms on my power meter but I just haven't gotten to it. Maybe on the 26th.

Edited by Dreadhead

Wet weather riding is why I'll never go back to rim brakes.  Koolstop salmon pads and aluminum rims are my minimal acceptable standard in the wet, and that's with mountain bike V-brakes.  Road bikes & carbon rims?  No thanks, not for me, not when it's wet.  Hydraulic disc brakes all the way.

^ This is just a 3.5-4 hour trip for me. Couldn't do more than a couple days, and Hunaphu's day is around that time... I'm be super out of shape and stuff, but "maybe?"

**BRENT**

Edit: I sold/traded the mtn bike... so I'd just have the road bike. Fitz is on the way, if I went interstate... could always try to kidnap him :)

Edited by MexicanDragon

Brent to be honest the hills around where I am thinking are pretty much ever present so I would think that you should be riding pretty regularly before hand.

There will be at least one ascent of Caesar's Head (12km of 5.8%) and I would also like to drive to Ashville one day and do Mt. Mitchell. I would also like to do the US Nationals loop including Paris mountain. That said I'm sure we can work out some more moderate routes over 1 or 2 days. At the beginning maybe to get the juices flowing.

I was thinking something like this for the "epic" day: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3810785

Edited by Dreadhead

I haven't had Nuun recently but I've had good luck with Louis Garneau LG1, eLoad and EFS. I think the real key to preventing cramps for me is taking 2 Saltstick tabs or S-Caps every 30-60 mins. Ever since I started using electrolyte tablets to supplement my drinks, I've either prevented having cramps or stopped them from continuing mid-ride.

I use Osmo singles for my during-ride refills. I'll try Nuun again after my stash runs out.