HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

i am 10 speed, i think?

Yeah, you're 10 speed. The 11 speed ultegra di2 groupset was announced some time after your bike was released.

This is removing gunk :)

ba9a6yvu.jpg

While others run single speed around here, I'm certainly not strong enough to do that for either road or mountain biking. I'm just too weak :P

Edited by Nebby

I have the Campy Shamal which are basically the same with Fulcrum Zeros besides the spoke design. They have proven to be a solid wheel for training. After 10k miles I still havent had any issues with alignment and has only one puncture with the tubeless tires. Not sure how they compare against the Shimanos though.

Was thinking Mavic but now deciding between Shimano Dura Ace C24 (which seemed like sacrilege on a SRAM bike) and Fulcrum Racing Zeros. They are both much more aero than the Mavic and about as light.

You can try my set of C24's if you want, I like my set (and saved a bunch by buying from the uk).

Thanks Ben. My shop gave me a price towards the price from Wiggle but not quite there. If I go that route I'll just get it from them.

Here's another option (I think it looks really sexy): http://www.zencyclery.com/road/siddartha-custom-wheelset.html

Everyone on Paceline Forum pushes handbuilt like crazy. My issue is that being at the upper end of the usual weight range at 185 and 6'5" I don't think I can do the low spoke counts on some of these designs. With the Shimano/Fulcrum options there are given weight limits and I know what I'm getting.

Really it's looking like it's down to preference as anything in the price range is going to ride well, be pretty lignt and look pretty good.