HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Yup, it's one of the Feedback stands, the Pro Elite model.  I paid a tick over $200 for it.  Definitely a worthwhile investment from a cleaning/maint./storage perspective.  It's not small though.  If you're just after a cleaning station you can get by with something a lot less robust. 

Yup, it's one of the Feedback stands, the Pro Elite model.  I paid a tick over $200 for it.  Definitely a worthwhile investment from a cleaning/maint./storage perspective.  It's not small though.  If you're just after a cleaning station you can get by with something a lot less robust. 

^ Want.

Still have my commuter Trek torn apart in the basement, waiting on cables/housing. May have the derailleur hanger aligned (did get it very close, but don't have the proper tool for doing it.) I screwed a spare wheel into the der. hanger and measured from the rim of that to the rim of the actual wheel. It had been off quite a bit when I first got the bike. Finally starting to get nice enough to consider riding here.

Edited by Pars

Got it a nice 17miler this afternoon on the new tires.  They felt good and most importantly stable in the crappy, sandy conditions that are everywhere right now.  We need some good rain to clean the streets.  I also ran into a neighbor while out on the ride who I'd previously seen out on a Parlee.  This time he was on a BMC and admitted that he'd sold the Parlee because it was too nice to ride!  I get that, especially this time of year.  We're going to try to hook up for a few rides this year which would be nice.  It does get tiresome riding by myself all the time.

• Like 1

I respect why people say "too nice to ride" but personally I would never subscribe to this mentality. If I got a top of the line frame, I would ride it the same way is ride my Roubaix, thru rain, shitty conditions and after the new toy syndrome has faded, not wash it as often as I really should. I'm not gonna drop 4-6 grand on a bike that I'm not gonna ride just because it sucks outside. JMO.

Sure.

Yup.

https://www.cvillebikeclub.org/schedule.php

I think these used to be 8am or 9am, 10am seems doable. thats about the time we rolled out for the lake house rides. or, could be done at another time but follow one of their routes.

https://www.cvillebikeclub.org/maps/Bacon_Hollow.pdf

haven't done this one, it heads up to the border of the shenandoah national park then turns around when the pavement runs out. 2,310ft over 33 miles

Edited by justin

Yeah, I've ridden my evo when it's not too great outside and it's fine. The one thing I won't do is ride carbon wheels in the rain, not because of braking performance, but because the grit picked up when riding in wet conditions is very good at removing braking surfaces.

I'm guilty of riding carbon wheels in shitty weather here. I don't have a nice set of alloys plus I don't want to mess around having to change and adjust brake pads every time I switch. Wet weather braking on carbon is not as good but I just use that as a reason to stay sharp and pay more attention. If they wear out quicker, so be it :)

Edited by raffy

Justin, those folks are my kind of people! The one thing I really dislike about group rides is how early they start. I really don't understand why people are so allergic to starting rides after 8am. To me, waking up early is more ball breaking than riding in 95 degree weather.

What dates are you thinking Justin? I am likely out for next couple weeks with work. I would probably drive from the lake house.

the club is doing the route i linked on march 30, doesnt have to be that date though or with the club. they dont have the april schedule posted yet. april 4-5 ill be at the NY meet. the week after that is open. week after that i think im going to the Charlotte meet

Got invited on Friday to go on a Saturday ride out in Shenandoah and ended up doing a out and back totaling 62 miles. Here's a paste of the garmin page:

wK7Gtnp.png?1

Took it easy because the previous longest distance I had done was about 35. Slightly underestimated how much food I would need, but I made it to the end without issue albeit quite hungry.

Edited by Nebby
  • Like 2

Nice, Ben!

I got out for a few miles with Xavier Friday night. I figured it'd be a few miles only, so I was like "I'll just wear some regular shorts, I don't need to get the bike shorts out." Turns out even with a few miles, the pain the saddle caused was noticeable even with a ton of nerve damage. Next time, shorts... even if it's a mile. I've realized that I need a new cassette. 12-25 (even with a compact) just isn't going to cut it, especially in this hilly new neighborhood. I think it's time for an 11-28.

**BRENT**