HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Dropped the Roubaix off for a new rear derailleur cable and adjustment today. While it's in the shop I'm going to try its saddle on the calfee. Here's to hoping.

I've found Roubaix rear derailleur hangers to bend easily. When I replaced mine it solved those type of niggling issues that tend to irk, and cause loss of rhythm. Unfortunately many mechanics do not know how to use, or are not fully competent with an alignment gauge. The upshot in they can't diagnose the issue.

Edited by pigmode

Ended up being an easy 27 mile ride through Maryland and DC.  Brilliant day for a ride and that is one of the best places to ride that I have found yet.

Found my legs to have no issues but my ass doesn't like being back on the bike.

It actually felt good riding since losing another 20+ pounds since the last ride, almost like I cut 20 pounds off of my sub 14 pound bike.   ;D

• Like 2

Beautiful weather. Great to see you Jeff and you look amazing, really.

Great ride. Lets do this again soon.

I am coaching Soph and Chloe on how to corner :)

Can't wait to take her along riding

post-49-13992281969183_thumb.jpg

Edited by CD44hi
  • Like 1

I have those skewers and they are very nice functionally.

In other news this weekend has basically convinced me that the Diabolical Double is out the window for this year. I have not had enough time to ride and prepare for either the DD or the century. 3 hours of driving to do a metric seems a bit extreme but I am thinking about it.

I am probably going to sign up for the "Navy Federal Credit Union Armed Forces Cycling Challenge" ride in Crystal city to do it with a friend of mine. We'd be aiming for 5 laps in 3 hours (so I think that's 50 miles or so). Anyone want to join. It's a busy but fun ride.

Edited by Dreadhead