HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

I'm almost like Ben. I average 140ish on group rides and high 140's to 150's on solo ride. If I've been drinking the night before, that solo average can be closer to 160's :)

I can hit 185, even 190 on real balls out efforts but not very often. 

I have been up in the 190s for extended time on rides back in the day but the last time mine actually worked I stayed below 180. I really found that 30-45 minutes close to 200 was nothing for me but I guess I am in slightly better shape now.

I am thinking I need to work on the fit of the new bike as my hip is really sore now.

Yeah, thinking I need to do some setup testing on the commute bike today.  Slid the seat a bit forward as I think it is high enough.  It was set back pretty far and this one has a longer top tube than my road bikes.  

I am liking the Brooks Cambium saddle so far.  Fairly comfortable and not much slipping around on pedaling which was my concern as it did not seem to be very grippy.

I came really close to buying some shimano tennis shoes with SPD cleats built in as I feel weird not being clipped in but that would get me back to the point where I would be better off commuting with one of my real bikes as I will still need to change shoes.  I wonder if I could get Alden to make me some shoes with recessed SPD cleats.

• Like 2

Did the Warrior Century today. Almost crashed within the first 12 miles and I luckily avoided running over this guy who hit the deck. Unfortunately, the lady who owns the shop who put together the event whacked her head pretty hard and got a concussion. Waited for her to get picked up to ride back to the shop and rode with a much smaller group which was good as we avoided riding with the front group of cyclodouches. Picked up the front group eventually then dropped them with around 10 miles to go. Best thing is that I made new riding friends today. I'm exhausted and extra brown but all in all a great day :)

u6e9u4eh.jpg

• Like 1

The 20 miles looks fun, the 100 in 110+ degree Florida looks outrageously terrible.

I went on my first bike grocery run to the farmers market and picked up a cheap Giro helmet for the commute bike.

Yeah I am wishing I had driven down for the ride Chris.  Hip seems to be fine now so I am hoping the shift on the seat was enough to keep it from coming back.  I really need to get a good ride in as I am far from cycling shape at this point.

The 20 miles looks fun, the 100 in 110+ degree Florida looks outrageously terrible.

I went on my first bike grocery run to the farmers market and picked up a cheap Giro helmet for the commute bike.

Oh it wasn't that hot. It averaged 86, my Garmin read 100+ as I left my bike outside in the sun while eating lunch.

Just catching up.  Nice bike, Jeff!

Raffy, you're killing it!  John and I are both just starting back out again.  Did 33 miles today and have the same planned for tomorrow, but I'm no where near ready to do the miles you're doing at those speeds.  Latched on to a group this morning, so I know I can hang at 20-22 mph, but have to work on distance again.  My goal is to be ready to the two metrics and one century at Sebring over Labor Day again, but I've got some work to do.