HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Reks, riding my road bike always made my back feel better (post-microdysectomy for Cauda Equina Syndrome). It was probably the stretch that I just wasn't getting elsewhere, but started to get better after every ride.

Lungs and legs and, well, everything else always hurt, but that's because, well... I'm out of shape.

**BRENT**

Jose, are you working up to an around-the-island ride? :)

I just finished my first bicycle ride in years.  I'm starting out slowly and maybe went 1.5 mi today.  The seat started hurting right away.  Hopefully my butt will get used to this kind of abuse.  You can see a picture of my new bike

Yes, now We are with winter training. I'm working for a tour around the island on April. Also here in Gran Canaria we have the highest mountain pass in Europe: http://ciclored.com/puerto-mas-duro-europa-pico-nieves/

Next year (if I have a good feeling on November) I want to try climb it.

pico-nieves-ciclored-2014-946x1024.jpg

• Like 2

@Brent.  I have a pair of Pearl Izumi riding shorts that I typically where when riding motorcycles, especially in the dirt.  I couldn't find them for the ride.  I was finally able to locate them today and will wear them for tomorrow's ride.

@Jose. Enjoy your rides and good luck with the April ride and your eventual assault on the pass.

Hehe.

Second, multiple bicycle ownership of the same type of bicycle invariably creates what is known as a mutual parting reaction. The MPA occurs when broken parts on one bike are replaced with functioning parts on the unbroken bike, eventually resulting in two bicycles, neither of which works.

What is this "broken parts" he speaks of? I'm not sure I've ever experienced this... :)

Even if the saddle is a good fit, your butt may need some time to get used to it. 

This is also important to remember if you spend a good deal of time off the bike. The saddle that felt awesome all last summer/fall and now feels like bad after a lazy winter feels like bad because your butt is no longer used to it. 

Even if the saddle is a good fit, your butt may need some time to get used to it. 

This is also important to remember if you spend a good deal of time off the bike. The saddle that felt awesome all last summer/fall and now feels like bad after a lazy winter feels like bad because your butt is no longer used to it. 

This, 100%.  Every year I have to allow for time for my ass to get re-accustomed to the seat.  The first few rides are painful but you'll (re)adjust to a seat that fits well quickly.

• 3 weeks later...