HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

he earned that right

Yes, of course. He is a great cyclist and has an increíble palmarés, but Dowsett is the current champion and he is younger.

Edited by jose

I got a feedback sports rack from performance bike that was $99 and works great

Ken,

Either ^^^ what Dan said or keep an eye on CL.  I've seen some good deals roll through NH for stands and you're in a much higher density area.  Also, I own a Feedback stand as well and it is very nice but mine is not in budget (about double).

I've checked the local CL every day since you suggested it Nate.  Not a single work stand has appeared.  So today I bought a PCS-10 and a floor pump from my niece's fiance.

Edited by guzziguy

I had a go a creating a course in Garmin's software this morning.  We'll see how it goes on the ride this afternoon.  I set a moderately aggressive pace for the ride - a 24 mile, mostly uphill ride to some of our friend's house.  Not sure that was the best idea considering that I'm a) pretty out of shape and B) trying out a new saddle.  That latter point is probably doubly true in terms of less than great ideas but here's to hoping for more comfort, less pain.

Forgot to mention that I had to buy a cheap front wheel at Performance after discovering a cracked into Zipp front wheel hub. At least it's under CPSC recall so should be covered entirely but I really wish that Zipps didn't fall apart. This is my first front hub failure but I have had 2 rear hub failures. Ridiculous for any wheelset much less the "Clydesdale" build of $$$ wheels.