HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Anyone interested in buying either my 56cm calfee (6800 ultegra 11 speed full group, including 175mm compact crankset, 11-32 5800 cassette, mavic ksyrium ssc sl wheels) or my 58cm caad 8 si (campy centaur 10 sp QS in century grey with carbon fork, triple crank (have other options), nearly new campy zonda tubeless clincher wheels)? I don't need both, and both work equally well for my riding, so I just need to get rid of one of them. Trying to clean up the garage some for family peace :)

seems fun to give it a try, i have a kurt kinetic rock n roll and a garmin speed sensor. am i good to go?

any cheaters?

is it possible to ride with friends on there or do you take what they give you

As far as I know you are good to go.

I'm sure there are cheaters!

You can just ride or you can join people there is a list when you start up. I usually just ride, longest I've managed to ride with a group was about half a lap but I am not in a position to keep up right now and I exploded.

Anyone interested in buying either my 56cm calfee (6800 ultegra 11 speed full group, including 175mm compact crankset, 11-32 5800 cassette, mavic ksyrium ssc sl wheels) or my 58cm caad 8 si (campy centaur 10 sp QS in century grey with carbon fork, triple crank (have other options), nearly new campy zonda tubeless clincher wheels)? I don't need both, and both work equally well for my riding, so I just need to get rid of one of them. Trying to clean up the garage some for family peace :)

1) I hope that I never have to get rid of bikes for family peace. We built the garage to get my bikes out of the house.

2) How much are you thinking for the Calfee? Not that I can fit it at all but I am an interested onlooker.

• Like 1

I've decided to join the quiet side and I'm going to move my Calfee over to Shimano DA 9070 electric (without any extra shifters for now). I'm tired of waiting for SRAM to release (not a good sign when they didn't have a single bike with SRAM electronic at the Tour) and their new shifting sounds like I won't like it anyway.

Edit: Decided that I am going to do the climbing shifters as a splurge.

Edited by Dreadhead
  • Like 2

Although I no longer have a bike for outside riding, I do have a spinning bike for indoors, to which I have six " RIDES " DVD's varying from an hour to 80 mins long.

I very much enjoy all those six DVD's, but my favourite is RIDES VIRGINIA Blue Ridge Mountains.

When I first got that spinning bike, it's saddle was making my meat & two veg area numb, however I decided to get a Selle SMP which can be seen in the photo's, and since getting that saddle I've had no problem with numbness.

With me having padded cycling shorts, I ended up getting that SMP unpadded which I find is still very comfortable, but I'm not sure how it would be for cycling out on the road.

The photo's are of that saddle, my Bont cycling shoes, and Look KEO pedals.

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0190.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG

Edited by Dave R

having some issues trying to quote posts

i got the Surly bike today. It was inside a box for a Specialized box (ok, no problem). it was shipped fully assembled (handlebars on) with the front wheel detached. By the time i got it, the racks had come off, and damage has occurred to the frame paint/graphics, almost all the cables, possibly more. nothing was wrapped AT ALL or tied down. the shipper is an idiot. for a $80 shipping fee i expected a bike shop would pack it. 

Edited by justin