HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

well, to make things worse, i just measured the bike as i thought it looked a little small and i can't find a size label anywhere on the frame

after checking the dimensions of the frame from Surly, i don't believe this is a 54cm, but is a 50 or 52. worst. seller. ever.

Just curious Chris, where did your source the DI2 kit from and how did you get your LBS to do it for you without any hard feelings? I'd love to upgrade even to 6800 mechanical but I just refuse to pay LBS prices for the groupset. I suppose I could bring an outside gruppo to them but I really don't wanna deal with the attitude they might give for doing so. It's not my problem if I can get shit from the UK at less than their cost......................

Raffy, I bought it through my LBS and they gave me a good price that was about 7% over what I would pay online but included install, setup and service. I also got full warranty etc. Also I couldn't find the exact combination I wanted online.

Background: I've bought so much stuff through them and I have a good relationship with them so on most things it's a less than 10% upcharge over online. In particular cases I've even paid less than online through them because the manager will use his personal industry discount to buy me things. I know they need to make money and I like saving money so it works out overall and I gain access to mechanics and service whenever I need it at very good rates. I'm very lucky because I know Jeff on the other hand went to a different place around here and had a very different experience in that they never gave him any real discounts.

Edited by Dreadhead
  • Like 1

Sell/return Di2?

Justin, I'd probably return it as well, even if I had to eat some of the shipping, then keep looking.

**BRENT**

lol...seller is going the "my listing said no returns!" route. so i've started an eBay return which leads to a dispute if it's not accepted. don't think this person knows how the internets work..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Played hooky yesterday and rode my first metric century of the year. It went a lot better than I expected and I averaged somewhere around 16mph. Felt really good to get out for that long but it's not going to be a regular occurrence for many years I'm afraid. I have a century in about a month.

I also learned that the SRAM power-dome cassettes have a bunch of rubber bands that serve as quieting devices after one of them failed and started messing with my shifting. Neat piece of design but annoying to have to pay $28 to replace them.

Finally a return to temps in the 70s....

90s was crazy for September!

If you missed it the current promo at the Feed is a "Bonk Breaker Fuel & Recover Nutrition Kit".

The kit includes one Bonk Breaker Energy Bar, one Bonk Breaker Protein Bar, and one bag of Bonk Breaker Chews. A $8 value, FREE.

FaceBook link----> https://www.facebook.com/thefeedme/posts/912153808865340

I would prefer the Strawberry chews (with caffeine) but the tangerine/orange ones are not bad.

Edited by Mister X