HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Does this mean that you have become a MAMIL, to join in, Stretch? 

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-10965608

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/sep/11/mamil-middle-aged-men-in-lycra

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2869069/Oh-shame-married-MAMIL-s-Middle-Aged-Man-Lycra.html

" Buying an expensive road bicycle has been described as a more healthy response to a midlife crisis than buying an expensive sports car "

This being Head-Case ....

First ride of the year.

Shows 39.7 miles from the watch, but it died right at the end. It's showing a little under 1000 ft of climbing, but my Edge 200 is showing a little over 2000. in 40.00 miles exactly (yeah, we planned that,) but we did have 3 hours on the road.

We also got lost and rode around trying to find our way home for a while. Eventually called and got help, but man, that was a good day in the saddle, even if it was a bit tough on us.

https://www.strava.com/activities/832171595

**BRENT**

• Like 3

On 1/13/2017 at 8:10 PM, Hopstretch said:

Feel like this belongs here. Numpties!

It never crossed their mind to find out where the battery was, disconnect it, get the bike off and then reconnect the battery? They must (ought to) have a spanner or multitool  in their toolkit?

Last year an idiot farmer terminated the end of the fence onto a steel kissing gate on a right of way. That was quite exciting getting though!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know why I'm getting older and older, but I don't know why I'm fatter and fatter. I'm already 250 lb, and my height is 1.67m.

I want to buy a bicycle, do I need a big one? How big do I need? Should I wear something to protect my head? It's bold, and smooth, I think it helps the air flowing during high speed. But I doubt I could make the bike running at that kinds of speed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The best options seem to be the Küat NV 2.0, with many bells/whistles. Friend got one and went on a cross country drive with his bike. Lots of guys here have the first gen.

Another good option people like is the 1Up USA rack. They have 1/2 bike options with expandability if you need it later.

I don't own either but have used both, and those are the ones I'd decide between myself.

**BRENT**

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since Jeff claimed that Raffy is single-handedly keeping the bike scene on HC afloat, I present evidence of another 5' tall cyclist.

Xavier's new ride.

e6ef7b9f71dca724412225cad059db95.jpg
bc39e61bb1e606d728d3a36c87cff730.jpg
403daa8dfbd6ee6f181fff91d28c406e.jpg

It's the largest small I've ever seen, measuring 17" C-T. Site said 16", but we are using a shorter post for the time being. This should last him for a few years.

Al, is it Joe Breeze who is a neighbor? If so, it'd be cool to know Xavier's bike's namesake is just down the road.

**BRENT**

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Having trouble getting motivated to ride lately with all the activities going on and the weekend fencing tournaments.  I am committing to start pushing myself beginning this weekend.  We shall see how long this lasts.  Then again...

36 Great Funny Quotes:
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...