HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

I have several (one) bikes that have their stock wheels on them, and none of them but the fat bike are beaters like this bike.

You just bought a new fatbike instead of getting new wheels, so that doesn't really count.

And your trainer wheels are worth more than my vehicle with the bike on the rack, so DIAF.

**BRENT**
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VPI said:

Technically, I am only using one Mad Fiber wheel on the trainer bike, so I think your math is off.

To be fair to Brent, for some time now we've been taking one biscuit, pulling it apart and telling him it's two biscuits. So his confusion is understandable.

We've been calling it MENSA math.

BTW, you do know that they're not really Dad and Son, right?

298143_1192014671_600.jpg

NTTAWWT!

Another ride, another fucking tire blowout, this time on the Litespeed and 12 miles from home. At least had tube this time. I think the bike thing is done for me now. New hobby upcoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Jeff,
Have you check to make sure that the rim tape is intact?  I had a friend get something like 6 flats in 15 miles due to an issue like that.  He eventually just threw his bike in the woods and walked away - he did go back and get it later...

Did this person ever look like he'd sell stereos, or perhaps crash a wedding?

**BRENT**

The funny thing is that these two flats were my second and third ever.  Today's was a slow leak as I probably picked up some debris and it took some time to go low.  The one before that was a pinch flat as I think the shop did not do a great job in setting up the new wheels/tires.

By any chance did they put latex tubes in? Those will leak significantly 1-2 days. Requires pumping before every ride. Otherwise indeed check the rim for debris or pinching while replacing the tube. I.e bitting with the tire or lever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These were on two different sets of wheels, but the Litespeed was pumped up directly before the ride and I just picked up a thorn or stone that gave me a small puncture.  The other one was shitty Illinois roads and a bad tube install.

"Something this big (and clever) is going to cost though. Tacx's Magnum trainer comes with a projected price in the region of €7,000, so we can see this as something much more for the rich triathlete or sports institutions. Besides that, we’re not sure we’d even have room for one."

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/news/article/tacx-magnum-trainer-47787/

So, yes, Stretch

Edited by Grahame