HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Boy, I am glad I decided to wait of the power meter pedals. Now the vector3 were announced and said be out in about a month for the same price as that of the V2 *and* Powertap dropped their pricing to match it to that of the V3.
DC rainmaker has a deep look into the V3. No pods is the highlight for me.

Also the new edge is supposedly in stock and shipping. I am not going to this one, not enough new features to make me switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Took the Jones out on some super simple singletrack for a try out. Definitely handles much better than the fatbike. The Fizik Aliante saddle will need to go but everything else seem to be just what I was looking for.

9874077eb84a02d5e03eb9709b54f52d.jpg

403bee86699a1eb324b6eb90f369a11d.jpg

bbf7786ee762a519f5e4659a8e06600b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

When Peloton came out I thought that this would never catch, too ridiculously expensive. I could have not been more wrong, which I find flabbergasting, given the absurd amount of money involved in the stationary bike and the membership.

It is all about comfort and been able to just jump on the stationary, start pedaling and join a LIVE session, with face-to-face interaction. The model is indeed brilliant.

I can tell you, bigger companies are struggling to jump on the bandwagon with smart stationery bikes and a similar model, however Peloton has the market to their own now.

My wife just hopped on to do her first live session and it was from somewhere that looked like a nightclub, complete with a DJ. The instructor of course had tits out to here and was a pretty decent stand-up (sit down?) comic to boot. It's all completely ridiculous, but this is America I guess and are you not entertained? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I came very close to buying one when I tried it out at the local mall but I really thought riding in the weird animated world with much harder climbing was a bit more fun on Zwift/Wahoo in the end. I think since the GF did not enjoy Zwift/Wahoo this Peloton thing would be perfect for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

CWC ride was great. I did the metric with a slight addition to the route: included Jack's Mountain to the route to make it more interesting. It's the peak dead center in the ride. This climb is deceptive as it has several ramps, 3 IIRC, so that when you think you are nearing the top, yikes, there is yet another hill ahead. Hah. To give prospective though, this climb is just a little peak in the century ride profile, just cat 4 climb.

I was slow as molasses up the hills, ha ha. For a change from the past 3 years, weather was perfect, if just a bit windy up in Pennsylvania.
Definitely glad I chose the metric instead of the 75, as the 75 had about additional 2000ft of climbing.

d11a3392e55fc3e96e7b636d1d53db57.jpg

91150a183423477532067c73b0732057.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jose said:

It has to be a nice ramp. :rolleyes:

Yes, yes, I guess compared to your climbs in Canary, this shouldn't be called a ramp. I hear you.

6 minutes ago, VPI said:

I might be able to do that ride on a motorcycle these days, not sure though as I might even bonk on a motorcycle.

Last year I did the 75 mile, this year, no way I could have done the 5K+...

Mid-compact front, 36, X 32cog, mid-cage rear derailleur. It is definitely overkill for this year's ride but a necessity, for me, for last year's 75m route ride. The Jack's mountain climb (the largest peak above) is the little peak at about 42.5 miles in this profile. I definitely was in no shape to do this ride this year. [emoji38]

1d3f86fc767544de611812284d81195b.jpg

• Like 1