HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Got the new DiNotte lights charged.  I can't say the build quality is as impressive as I expected but the amount of light is ridiculous.  Like cannot look into the light without seeing spots for long periods of time bright.  I can see why people complain about having to follow people riding with these lights.

2cdb062ecceea9026182e7e90289d1e4.jpg

c9c8f362a2cb8677ed7aeaee9c5330cf.jpg

• Like 3

Mounted the DiNotte up and the fenders but found there could not be enough clearance for the quick release on the DiNotte with the fenders mounted so I had to ghetto mount it down on the seat stay for the winter. e2dd87625e7639af88c682a9ca6ed29a.jpg

9f8fcb8d4d7a4e369bb3abffb0ed50b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2017 at 8:18 PM, aerius said:

Figured I'd drop by and see what's up.  Been doing lots of riding and not much computer time these days.  No hospital trips this year so it was a success.

And who are you? :huh:

22 minutes ago, jose said:

Santa was here...111d4e2d67639a1c3fbbaea261623ad4.jpg

Very cool Jose!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Torpedo said:

Spring is always there :D

:D:D

Not always ... this winter has been hard. Many storms, strong winds... we have had up to snow for a few months :blink::blink: 

Fortunately, climate change is a lie... or so they say  >:D>:D>:D

• Confused 1

Congrats!

How is the fit? I would have guesstimated a larger frame for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This is the M/L (56). I'm 5'11", so should be just right. The 80mm stem shrinks it a bit.

We'll see. Going to get some grease to install my pedals tonight. Also need some new shoes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Of course indeed that, and you can fit a couple of extra hangers if you'd gone with bull-horn bars...
There is a hole that is for internal routing, which wasn't utilized, when I paid the fucking company to build my bike before shipping. I'm not amused, but there is an extra hanger point.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got out to test the new brakes.  Not your typical mid-April ride, with a light dusting of snow on the trails and temps in the low 30s...

gJo5MOwYTSKzMkmKmDcHxQ.thumb.jpg.77f977cbf44aaf6ed9dbbea76b0111e9.jpg

The brakes did squeal once on the trail which I'm hoping was an aberration or I'm going to be grumpy.  They worked great though, and should improve with a few more rides.

• Like 3