HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

5 hours ago, grawk said:

I hurt my foot running and didn’t want to lose the gains i’ve made so I went out on the bike today.  i rode my old mountain bike because I figured the extra weight would help. 

2725655A-5EFB-49AF-B3DF-DC2DE83F2BD7.png

62904B19-CB9A-4EE4-B212-DC402CB89BC8.png

DC2DE27E-0A63-4F35-8565-7AE46D3DDB23.jpeg

1) That's what you get for running

2) Glad to see you back out on a bike (well, not see you; wouldn't be glad for that)

3) Heh, that's probably steeper than a lot of road bikes now; IDK what's going on with your handlebars there, but very similar to a 650b-gravel bike these days, I'd imagine.

oh for sure, those early 90s mountain bikes were basically 26" road bikes with knobby tires.  I threw a goofy touring handlebar setup, because the frame is way too big for me to use with drop bars, and I wanted to ride it longer distances and be able to change up hand positions.

• Like 2

Decided to ride to our vacation spot today. Didn't look at time/distance/speed once during the ride. Just rode at a pace that I thought would allow me to finish. An unexpected detour added about five and a half miles and an additional big hill or two but I survived, so no complaints.

2130691314_ScreenShot2020-07-19at10_05_41PM.thumb.png.5a5f4194e52d8cc1d527d8e7fd8d952f.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I just went to a 120/6 stem.  Got me a little more reach, and a little lower.  My Ultegra group is working it's way through the covid affected international air shipping. 

Did 25 miles/1000 Ft of climbing today.  Averaged 14.9mph.  Still avoiding the small ring.

• Like 3