HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

On 8/16/2021 at 6:48 AM, swt61 said:

Now you're thinking of your time in strip clubs.

The Nobel prizewinner, the late and very great physicist Richard P Feynman, used to go to the local strip club with topless waitresses, drink orange juice and do theoretical physics on scraps of paper.

He'd then just pile beermats and scraps of paper with maths on them in his cupboard. After he died there was a major effort to curate everything and try to piece together what on earth Feynman was working on at the strip club.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The doctor gave me his OK two months ago so I'm finally recovered ... I haven't been able to train much so tomorrow I just want to finish and have a good time in the middle of the peloton with my friends and coleagues.  

spacer.png

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

October is being rather un-Octoberish.  It was 70 and sunny today, so I took advantage.

1C16B8A0-48A4-494E-85A6-54B7B9F22991_1_105_c.jpeg

Bike is in mullet mode for now after catching a stick last weekened and snapping six spokes in the primary rear wheel.  Definitely handles a little weird with the 27.5 on the back and 29 on the front but was better than nothing for sure. 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Brings back memories of putting woodscrews through my Cannondale Red Shred mountain bike tires, back in the 80's. I'd pick screws that were about 1/2" long, then screw them through the knobs of the tires, then put in a protective liner, then the tube. Worked great, with the added bonus of texturing your slippery, icy walkways.

Edited by swt61
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...