HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

It will arrive on Saturday.  Depending on when it shows up and how busy Vince and Ethan are that day, I may be riding on Saturday evening   :)

That's a neat frame.  It sounds like you've got a fairly expensive stable of bikes.  Are you going to fit the new one with Dura-Ace or Red?

What, do you think she's poor?

I am now.

Holland, I'm going with DA9000.  I've only ridden Shimano, and unlike the haters hiding out in this thread, I like it.   I was going to go Di2, but that's really over the top for where I ride and the type of rider I am, and though I could justify dropping 9 grand-ish on a bike, all things included, it's funny how I couldn't justify going just that bit more.  If I'm still able to ride as I do now in five/six years, I'll get another bike, and maybe go electronic.  

Last day of work before vacation....new bike arriving tomorrow....if I can get through today, life is good.

• Like 2

Like Nate, I'm not a white bike person either but this one looks awesome! I bet the Pearl White looks even better in person!

BTW, I'm slowly warming up to DA9000 for my next bike (whenever that will be). The ergos look much better plus the shift action is supposedly really light and shorter compared to the 7900. I just have to find a small enough bike that has 9000 on it to try for myself.

What, do you think she's poor?

On the contrary, I think she's loaded to the gills and swimming in gold and bathing in champagne.  I need a sugar mama. :)

I am now.

Holland, I'm going with DA9000.  I've only ridden Shimano, and unlike the haters hiding out in this thread, I like it.   I was going to go Di2, but that's really over the top for where I ride and the type of rider I am, and though I could justify dropping 9 grand-ish on a bike, all things included, it's funny how I couldn't justify going just that bit more.  If I'm still able to ride as I do now in five/six years, I'll get another bike, and maybe go electronic.  

Last day of work before vacation....new bike arriving tomorrow....if I can get through today, life is good.

DA9000 is pretty sweet.  The Di2 electronics seem counter intuitive for what a bike means, at least to me.  I use SRAM Force, but that DoubleTap stuff has caught me multiple times with mis-shifts, especially when I go to trim the front and end up dropping it down or shifting the rear and end in the same gear.  I was thinking about Red, but the durability question kept coming up (and noise).

Have fun on your vacation.  I take it your bike is going with you on a long trek?

BTW, are you thinking of getting a power meter?  A few guys I know train with it.  It's pretty cool to get real time and logged power data to correlate with HR and cadence, but expensive and seems to make it more work than play.  I'm thinking about it, but I'm not sure it's "worth it" for me.

And Holland, there is another choice... starts with a "C".

Hah!  I always forget about them, but then again I am more MTB oriented and Campy doesn't play there.  I do hear that it is nice though.  I don't know anyone with Campy equipment (for their road bikes).  Lots of Shimano and a handful of SRAM.

I am planning to go to SRAM Red 22 with hydraulic rim brakes sometime in the next few years.

That's sweet.  I ride a cross bike, so I have discs.  I use mechanical, and am thinking of moving to hydraulics since they are now available.  A steep 2K descent makes my hands tired.

Edited by holland

Holland, I will not be getting a power meter.  I'm a recreational rider at best.  I like being able to go fast enough to ride with friends, but have no racing ambitions or abilities.  I'm already almost embarrassed by having a bike(s) way better than my ability, but a power meter would be shameful.  

I took the Enves off the Calfee, and put on the Bontrager Race X Lite wheels with new Vittoiro Rubino Pros tires.  They'd just been hanging in my storage closet, and I'd never ridden on them.  I went for a short ride, I'm quite pleased with them, and even more pleased that I'm not feeling the need to buy more wheels.

I am now.

Holland, I'm going with DA9000.  I've only ridden Shimano, and unlike the haters hiding out in this thread, I like it. [snip]  

Congrats and good choice on DA9000. My history is with Campy and my one roadbike currently has Chorus, but if I was doing a ground up build, it would have Shimano.