Need advice -- How do you buy a pair of earphones you want if you can't possibly test them out first?

trelx

So I've been looking for a solid pair of earphones (under $100), not in-ear phones (they feel like Q-tips to me), and not headphones....just something like those earphones that come with your Ipod but sound much better.

Now I can obviously see why stores won't let you test them, because who'd want to wear a pair that's been in 100's of people's ears? That being said I come to you, and look for some advice on a good pair you'd recommend. Quick info:

• I listen to a lot of classic rock/ballads, not sure if this helps recommend a pair?

• I am not a fan of bass, the whole thump-thump sounds people obsess over isn't something I care for much. I like the sounds to be very clear.

• I'd like a pair that is durable and doesn't break easily like the cheap earphones.

• I'd like them to be comfortable.

• I'd like them to be under $100.

I'd really, really appreciate any recommendations or suggestions you may have, including the pro's & con's.

Well, I am going to be nice. Try the Sunrise Audio AS-Feeling or AS-Charm earbuds. The AS-Feeling are the cheaper of the two, but still sound pretty decent for an earbud. They are also easier to drive than the 150 ohm AS-Charm, but with an amp the AS-Charm are better. I've read good things about the Yuin Pk-1 earbuds, but never tried them myself. You have to get these online (google).

I'd really, really appreciate any recommendations or suggestions you may have, including the pro's & con's.

apple has redesigned their model. i havent heard it but i suspect it is what you want.

if you buy the new iphone 5 i think it comes with them. i'd recommend the verizon package since their cell towers are stronger and will keep the bass from sounding fuzzy. if you get the unlimited data plan that should help open up the bandwidth of the earphones considerably.

• Like 1

Edit: I also love ballads. That Micheal Bolton gets me every time. I mean "When I man loves a woman" who can't resist that shit?

Especially with that badass haircut he had! OMG, wouldn't it be spectacular if Micheal Bolton, Richard Marx and Rick Astley all did a concert together?

• Like 1