Koss ESP-950 Stax Recable

jimmyb233

I think most people cut up the stock ESP950 cable (or the extension cable, if your worried about the warranty) and just solder the amphenol STAX plug on.

Info is on head-fi as mentioned above. I did it so long ago I forgot how.

The more I think about it, the more I think this is the way to go. Thanks nikongod. Also thanks wink and grawk.

Well, there was the 30 cable group buy he took $6,000 from... 2 years ago. Then there were the twenty or so members who posted in the complaint thread on the other site about not receiving their cables after almost comically long wait periods. Alex posted once a year ago and hasn't surfaced since. He has claimed flood damage and "personal issues" as the reasons for the delays.

In the meantime he is quite active on a number of other forums, including Lotus Talk where he discusses such things as the best battery for the Lotus he purchased with what at this point amounts to stolen money.

Edited by Tari

Well, there was the 30 cable group buy he took $6,000 from... 2 years ago. Then there were the twenty or so members who posted in the complaint thread on the other site about not receiving their cables after almost comically long wait periods. Alex posted once a year ago and hasn't surfaced since. He has claimed flood damage and "personal issues" as the reasons for the delays.

In the meantime he is quite active on a number of other forums, including Lotus Talk where he discusses such things as the best battery for the Lotus he purchased with what at this point amounts to stolen money.

I'm not sure what the facts are, so I won't comment on the alleged problems you've discussed. What I do know for sure is that Alex bought his (used) Lotus several years ago. Certainly well before the time frames you're speaking of. So let's at least get our facts straight before we drag someone through the mud. And don't make stupid assumptions.

Point taken, I did borrow the assumption from someone elses' digging around on him on the other thread. I would amend the statement to "which he wasn't willing to sell to make ends meet instead of stealing other people's money." Because, you know, that's what an honest upstanding businessman would do.

Every other point made was fact. Dragging a mud wrestler through the mud doesn't dirty him up more than he already is.

I understand that Alex has garnered a lot of good will over the years. Lest someone has been out of the game for a while and looking to get a recable, this is important for them to know.

If I seem a tad emotional about this, it is because (besides for all the enthusiasts out money) for every one of these cottage guys who screw people out of their money, it makes it that much harder for people to trust the other cottage industry vendors. It's damaging to the entire hobby.

If he's making poor business decisions and holding peoples money, I'll be the first to back up the folks that deserve their money back. I have no issue calling out shady dealings. I have no knowledge of such, as I don't visit the other site.

I just wanted to be straight about the Lotus, but yet I agree that if it comes down to selling off property to do right by your customers, then that should be done. Most business people see to it that business assets and personal assets are well separated though. There's still a moral obligation IMO, especially when one starts out as a member of said group he's now doing business for.

Still don't have the r10s back from alex. These are indeed the same set involved in the whole davidmahler fiasco so they've caused me quite a headache. I sent them to alex a year ago and have since tried contacting him multiple times via pm here, pm on hf, phone, voicemail, and numerous email addresses with zero response. I've also had jude and amos try to contact him to no avail. No idea what's going on but I should probably contact his local authorities soon. Maybe a knock on the door will wake him up. :/