Koss ESP-950 Stax Recable

jimmyb233

• 2 weeks later...

I believe they use a packing & shipping agent as well as using express shipping.

I had the same problem when buying 12mm x m3 peek screws.

It was $56 for 100- plus $86 postage.

I phoned the seller and asked if they could ship by surface mail as I was in no rush.

They replies that the packing and delivery was farmed out, and they were locked in to the system.

I believe they use a packing & shipping agent as well as using express shipping.

I phoned the seller and asked if they could ship by surface mail as I was in no rush.

They replies that the packing and delivery was farmed out, and they were locked in to the system.

I will ship some to you if you want. I have a usps account and can let you know how much it would cost.

Just ordered two WPI male plugs from Allied. A little concerned about the diameter of the pins though. I would like to use these on my SRM-T1. Also my friend has a Woo GES. Another friend of mine has a machine shop. Should I turn the pins down? It would be best if I could avoid the big baby head syndrome. Am I making a bigger deal of this than I need to?

FYI, if you're talking about USPS international surface mail, they no longer offer that option and haven't for 5 years or so.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Thanks for ali you who have expressed your support to help me get the parts.

The situation has been resolve earlier.

I was just posting to show the costs faced when living outside of the USA.

I have had help from forum members for LSK389's and other bits like IXYS parts.

The Peek screws was a classic debacle.

I ordered them. I was given a con note for tracking.

I checked the tracking number a couple days later and it said the stuff was delivered to an address in Chicago but was not accepted.

The terms of the delivery were no return - abandon. In other words, if you can't deliver, chuck the parcel in the bin.

A day later I received a email asking for more money for shipping.

I showed them the results of the tracking number they sent and asked what happened to my consignment.

They said they would ship out another batch.

I received a parcel with the screws a few days later..

A couple more days later I received another parcel with a second lot of screws.

I emailed them asking about the situation regarding the second lot of screws and the extra shipping costs.

They said they had dropped the case and they were happy to leave things as they were.

As regards the Stax plug. I wanted one to convert one of my Senn HE60's to Stax.

I put one in the order basket at Moon Audio.

I followed the link for shipping costs. When I saw the costs I cancelled the order.

I got one from Allied, I think, and did the conversion.

• 3 months later...

Pardon me while I hijack my own thread. I've seen some people comment on their experiences with APuresound and wanted to ask some advice. There is an HE60 retermed by APS on the other site for sale. Anything to beware of given APS's track record?

• 1 year later...

First post so be gentle...

I have been lurking on here and am braving my first post.  Appreciate the info in this thread as I have a KGST I'm stoked about headed my way.  Will be recabling my ESP 950's for starters.  Made the mistake of purchasing the Moon Audio plug.  Birgir is correct.  It is crap...

IMG_4908.jpg

IMG_4915.jpg

HS

What the hell?  How is that outer sleeve so bad looking like it has a crackin it?  Not sure if you know it but the amphenol jack is ever so slightly out of spec with the stock Stax jacks, it's not horrible and is still functional but still.

Edited by Mr.Sneis

What the hell?  How is that outer sleeve so bad looking like it has a crackin it?  Not sure if you know it but the amphenol jack is ever so slightly out of spec with the stock Stax jacks, it's not horrible and is still functional but still.

It's a tragic piece of crap...really.  I think they must have gotten some cheap shells made in China with no quality control and they're taking the amphenol jack (which looks like it could be a 6-pin but has the center filled) and screwing it into the shitty sleeve.  It's not cracked so much as it was molded poorly by the look of it...super half ass.

And I'm not looking forward to soldering the wires from the Koss into that jack as I'm no artist.  Trying to figure out now how to most intelligently do so.

Just seeing KG's post as I'm typing.  I thought I'd read that several have used it and were opening up the female a bit?  I'm all ears here (where's my PeeWee pic???)...

HS

And I'm not looking forward to soldering the wires from the Koss into that jack as I'm no artist.  Trying to figure out now how to most intelligently do so.

The tips of the pins on the amphenol connectors have a little hole in them. 

Strip the wire, stick it through the hole, and solder that way.

Do not to get any solder on the sides of the pins. Just the tip.