krell ksa5 klone

kevin gilmore

Could change MJF15031 for MJE15031?

I bought more transistors and I have four MJF15030 (lot: SPB16 - HFE=175,178,182,184) and 4 MJE15031 (I'm not sure of the manufacturer, lot: MA0 5K - HFE=180,185,190,190).

Can I combine these MJF and MJE in this amp?

-- o --

Rodrigo

So I'm the only one using the 2.5" sinks?  :)  They fit the chassis so why not...

I got my panels back from the laser but the guy destroyed the front panel (don't ask).  So I'll either have to use the back which is the suck in terms of finish or steal a fresh one from my stock and get a replacement sent with the next order. 

The mounting is not as nice, that for sure.  One odd thing, I've ordered a lot of the larger 2.5" sinks and some have shown up with the cutouts while others have just had one mounting hole.  Same Mouser number... 

Would be nice if there was a taller heatsink with only one hole

*Calling Steve to the local Krell thread....  Steve to the Krell thread....*  ;D

The mounting is not as nice, that for sure.  One odd thing, I've ordered a lot of the larger 2.5" sinks and some have shown up with the cutouts while others have just had one mounting hole.  Same Mouser number... 

*Calling Steve to the local Krell thread....  Steve to the Krell thread....*  ;D

Damn! Another missed opportunity.

ok, so the krell documentation is a little questionable, but when they measure the bias they

do it from emitter to emitter. so the number is twice as big as the two test points I put on the board.

specifically its 250 millivolts emitter to emitter cold, and 180 to 200mv hot.

so at the two test points provided its 125 millivolts emitter to output no load cold a,d 90 to 100 millivolts hot.

which sounds about right.