krell ksa5 klone

kevin gilmore

Why would I take them out, they still work... :)

I hope you did remove the batteries before storing? or at least they haven't leaked ... there a few articles in PPC rgrd synthetic programming on the HP15C ... not of much use, but rather entertaining if you want to fiddle a bit with the intrinsic of Saturn  :) 

*LOL* old love never dies .... those calculators either Texas or HP did quite an impression on most back then ....had a pow whom I studied togther with....bought a HP went home ...and had an accident with his car ....got off road and ended in the middle of a field ..he cannot remember much apart from the first thing he did was open the trunk and test he newly bought HP calculator ;o)

@gepardcv: thought you were German based??? (sorry no offens meant here)

No offense taken at all, that's kind of amazing, why did you think I'm in Germany? I live in San Francisco now, and was in New York for a long time before that.

Edited by gepardcv

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My Klone is now 99.5 % complete, and breaking in.

It's more than a pretty nice amp, drives both my HD600 and LCD3c beautifully.

Sadly I don't have unbalanced out from my DIY DAC yet, so feeding it with an Aune T1, not bad but quite edgy and unrefined.

I'll take some crappy pictures for your pleasure when the knob thing will be done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

another ksa5 alive :D. i would like to thanks everyone here in the forum for their input and
a special thanks to kevin gilmore make this build possible. after seeing that boards on ebay
are avaible i jumped the train and ordered the parts, i'm verry happy 1. because i could build
this amp and 2. i have again a krell in the house (let a ksa100 go for my diy pass f5t).

build was fun whitout any suprises, maybe a not on the pots for the bias, i also need to turn
them near completle down for a bias of 100mv.

sounds fine from the start an brings the memory of my krell back, a very fine headphone amp.

ksa5_a.thumb.jpg.1ccdae21f1caf3151d80272

ksa5_b.thumb.jpg.41025da64bda8c54a0e5ca5