The end of the Twinkie?????

skullguise

That said, hostess outlived it's market. People are more particular about what they eat today than in years past, so any value in their brand is only going to go down. And I can't imagine repurposing the hostess brand for healthy alternatives. Maybe someone will buy their intellectual property, and then sell their products in a smaller scale, so they have a chance at success.
QFT.

Realistic market expectations is undervalued. Everything today is "growth growth growth" -- it doesn't always have to be about growth, sometimes just making ends meet is good enough (especially with a not-for-profit, for example).

Oh, and yeah, in the interest of full disclosure, I think I've had maybe one twinkie in the past two decades. I won't miss them. I don't avoid them, but I don't seek them out neither.

Yeah, but it's not exactly like this has been a mom & pop shop for decades. This has been some sort of private equity play for a long time now and has also changed hands more times than I've had DACs in its history. And it is in at least its 2nd BK. Maybe this business model isn't working? Regardless, it seems that brand stewardship either wasn't a priority or simply wasn't possible anymore in this environment. It would be interesting to see who picks up the brands (who's #3 in the space?).

• 7 months later...